Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

I see, but too bad they don’t sell them separately :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I’ve read that these are also pretty good. On sale for about $64 right now. Same size and durometer.

1 Like

Whoa looks good! Hopefully better than blue cags 85mm are too small for comfort when it comes to ground clearance and direct drives

1 Like

13 Likes

I feel like a kid in a candy store - so tempting

1 Like

Wow. In terms of wow factor those are right up there with the awoahmods wheels but probably a lot more affordable

1 Like

That’s the XR battery I’m guessing?

Yes it is

Let’s see what these do to the range on my 2wd setup.

Quick first impression, these don’t feel “soft”.

5 Likes

They don’t pass the squeeze test like the 110s do, but they’ll impress on the road.

2 Likes

Yeah a “squeeze test” is a good way to describe it. The blue caguamas pass the squeeze test better than these do

3 Likes

Be very careful in cold temperatures. Lithium battereis are more vulnerable to damage. Just damaged my onewheel battery on a cold day. I think it was my son that did it. I think he pushed the range on a very cold day. It could have also been me. I left the Onewheel in the trunk overnight, then tried to ride it the next day. Now I have to spend $100 on shipping back to the factory and another $200 on a battery. Never push any lithium battery beyond the first vibration alert, expecially in cold weather.

3 Likes

Fortunately the weather is abnormally warm in my part of the Bay Area. Thanks for the concern though.

1 Like

Eyeseeyou got some new wheels bruv :smirk:

They don’t feel soft when squeezing it, cos I had the same feeling when I got them last time, the blue cags is much softer when squeezed :+1:

2 Likes

“Chronic Wheel Squeezer” lol

3 Likes

Noticeable loss in torque and braking and even though it was pretty cold already can see a couple miles shaved off the range but wow cracks and imperfect roads are a non issue. Even those yellow honeycomb esk8 death traps are not an issue. Was also able to go over train tracks at a slight angle. Smooth and enjoyable ride.

9 Likes

Looks great. I’m tempted to try some I-Wonders. However, I already have the Torqueboards 110 mm “TorqueWheels” (formerly called “TB CloudWheels”) . These make the ride ridiculously smooth and vibration free. I’m guessing the extra spongy characteristics of the I-Wonders would have a bigger impact on range. Let me know if you try both and if you have an opinion on what’s better.

I’m going to suggest to Jason & Flo that a future model of the remote have some sort of super torque mode that can be turned on for riders with oversized wheels. Torque that would be potentially dangerous for 90mm wheels but perfectly safe for 110 mm wheels.

I’m riding with 4WD so there is pleanty of torque even with the larger wheels. But mathematically, its a 20% reduction in acceleration and braking power. Thats the %difference in circufernece between 90mm and 110mm. 4WD Kit brake force is perfect with 110mm. It would be great to have 90 mm acceleration with 110mm braking.

3 Likes

For the sake of clarity, these are two different wheels. iWonder=Cloud wheel.

6 Likes

Correct. And I just noticed that Torqueboards stopped calling them cloud wheels. Thats what they were called back in November 2019. Now they are called TorqueWheels. They have 78A durometer and even softer 74A durometer models. Mine are the 78A version and they are pleanty soft enough to eat up all the road vibrations and pot hole impacts.

So thanks for your clarification. I had not realized that TB changed how the wheels are named.

3 Likes

Yup, I own both versions as well as the iWonders, and I agree with you that the 78A is plenty soft. So much so that I find only a small difference with the 74A. The upcoming 72A, however, might challenge my perception. I will be getting those as well because I have a problem.

You know, I completely blanked that they used to be called that. BTW, I finally saw the Revel kit in person a few weeks ago, and it was impressive.

5 Likes