‘Retro’ | Klever deck | Dual 6374 | 10S6p | Complete!

I just bought a used Klever longboard. Couldn’t pass it up, the shape was too cool. Also ordered Dickyho’s ‘kit’ with reverse mounts and budget 6374 motors. Build cost so far:

Klever deck - $80
Dickyho Kit, 97mm, 15/36 15mm - $135
(2) eBay 6374 170kv motors - $87
DIYE enclosure - $41
eBay ESC/remote - $35
(2) 10S3P 345wh LG MH1 cells $149
Miscellaneous eBay hardware purchase $42

All in - $569

-Colton

13 Likes

Love the Mico drops on the nose and tail.
Had a downhill deck like that
Loved the locked in feel it had.

Where you located dude?

4 Likes

That’s a rad deck for sure. Any plans for enclosure yet
?

2 Likes

You probably could have picked the esc and enclosure from dicky too, the fsesc 4.20 and the esc/battery enclosure. You can get a mini remote off and some 5s lipo batteries off eBay for fairly little

1 Like

That’s what sold it for me. It’s got an old school vibe. I’m located in Minnesota, just west of Minneapolis.

2 Likes

Nothing yet. Hoping to get input from you guys.

1 Like

I went through eBay, do you have a link to his other items? I didn’t see them in his store. I’m thinking a 10s3p or 10s4p battery.

1 Like

The flatter the battery and enclosure the better. A board like that deserves to be low.

3 Likes

Any off the shelf items come to mind? I found this for CHEAP. $38 shipped to my doorstep, but want to measure the deck first. Also kind of like the square look, could match the overall look/feel.

Love the deck - how long is it? Looks like a defunct company too

No clue, will measure and post specs when I get it.

Lookup…
dickyho2015
eboard-shop
eboard-shop-02

Thanks!

I dug out a used ‘eBay’ ESC I had. I have the same in another board that has survived a 10s4p battery and fairly aggressive riding… it’s ‘free’, but I’m putting a $35 value on it for the build.

Anything I can do to make this ESC better or more reliable?

3 Likes

Pray :pray:

9 Likes

LOL. Thanks man!

3 Likes

Found a battery:

• Brand: LG Chem
  • Model: INR18650MH1 (MH1)
  • Size: 18650
  • Nominal Capacity: 3200mAh
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
  • Maximum Voltage: 4.2V
  • Discharge Current: 10A Maximum Continuous
  • Style: Flat Top
  • Protected: NO, UNPROTECTED
  • Approximate Dimensions: 18.42mm x 64.87mm
  • Approximate Weight: 49g

$76 shipped. Worth the gamble?

Would bring my build in at $454, without miscellaneous hardware.

1 Like

That esc isn’t good for more than 40a cont. so it’s not unreasonable

2 Likes

Thanks Zach. I could also put two of these parallel to increase the discharge rate correct? I’m not sure if it doubles, but I did this on another board and it significantly jumped my acceleration and top speed with no other changes… probably tells me the board didn’t have enough battery to optimize the ESC.

That ESC can be configured for 6/7/10s so of you double up the pack it will still be fine. The ESC has a built in limit so the double pack will be more than enough power at 60A. You’ll also have like 45 miles of range