Requesting some input on first build.

There’s a lot of options out there for them trucks depends if you want cheep or quality.

Also you location in the world can make a difrence as shipping and import can add up.

@dickyho has some good budget mounts

Thanks!

While I was looking at a couple mounting options for the caliber II trucks it occurred to me that the hanger is only 10". The truck would not clear two 6374 motors. This seems to confirm that too: 9" or 10" caliber II for dual 6374 motors? - ESK8 Mechanics - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

I’m thinking of using the trucks/mount I have. My current issue with them is finding a compatible motor pulley.

The 8mm diameter axle is 34mm long with a step up to 10mm diameter with a length of 21mm. I’m trying to figure out if I should either get a bolt on pulley or see if I can shave the 10mm diameter part of the axle down to 8mm to fit a press fit pulley.

Thank Rotko! I will keep this in mind.

What has been your experience with range on the Onsra’s?

Have you every had a chance to try the Cloudwheels? I’ve read concerns regarding cracks in the core. I believe they may have addressed that issue with their discovery line of wheels, but I’m not entirely sure.

1 Like

not the best option

or u can find 10mm ID bearing to fit on the step axle part

Oooh, I like that idea. I will look into that. Thank you!

Yup that’s correct, the Discovery ones are marked and have clear cores so they’re easy enough to tell apart and look to be reliable. I’ve only put about 100km on mine but someone else described them well with: they’re good if you want to cruise around on city/town roads that aren’t perfect, where regular polyurethane wheels will vibrate and transfer bumps too easily. They’re not a substitute for pneumatic wheels for grip or offroading, but they’re also a bit smaller, can’t burst, and don’t reduce your range as much (big, soft wheels lose range vs smaller harder ones). I like mine, others hate them. Be mindful if you’re using narrower trucks like the Caliber IIs as suggested above that you’ll have some issues with wheels clearing the board, and the 105mm instead of 120mm cloudwheels would be better.

As you already noted though, calibers won’t fit 2x6374s anyway unless you mount one forward and one backward. IMO you’re right to use the ones you have and find a 10mm ID bearing on whatever pulley works for your gear ratio and can be bought without insane shipping

There are a lot of competent riders who uses discovery CW on here, with no issues, apparently.
For my part I wanted:
-kegel aluminium core
-a more cushioned wheel than flywheels/old boas
-grip

I got all this with Onsra at the expense of range.

My usual trip is less tha 20km and my battery is big enough to let me forget about range issues.
So I can not be more precise than @Blise518B

for info about wheels I think this is interesting:

3 Likes

Thanks for the link! The more I think about it, the compatibility issues throw me off a little bit. I feel less inclined to go with the Onsra pulley’s if they Kegal pattern only works with their kegal pulleys. I really had my eye set on the BD pulley. In fact I found 10x7x22 bearings that should work with the BD Kegal/ABEC pulley I linked and the trucks I purchased. Any thoughts on these? 10X22X7 Rubber Sealed Bearing 6900/W7-2RS (10 Units)

If I went this route and got the discovery CW they should work with the BD pulley with the abec adapter right?

1 Like