Dickyho's motor mount

Hi. every one. glad to inform you that I made some motor mounts for Racestar motors (with 38mm screws). now only have caliber , TB218, haxagon adapters for it, will have Paris adapter soon!

any my old 50/63 motor mounts with adapter for TB218 trucks now.

also, I am planning to make motor guard or bash guard for the motors. as below idea. glad to receive comments here.

21 Likes

Would 100 percent buy if you made a good bash guard

Most mounts don’t incorporate a good one and that is a game changer

Thanks

4 Likes

His regular mounts fit 63xx and 50xx motors, this new one is to fit the racestar’s mounting pattern.

3 Likes

Do these bash guards work for your current long and short caliber mounts ?

yes, it will work.

3 Likes

oh! ok, does that mean that the Racestar’s bolt pattern isn’t the standard 50xx pattern?
That’d explain why I was scratching my head trying to get a racestar 5065 onto those 63xx/50xx mounts. Which seems to be only doable if using 2 of the 4 bolts, which is probably a bit risky.

1 Like

you could drill 2 extra holes on the mount…

@dickyho try incorporating the bashguard hole pattern into the mount itself.
Eliminating the “interface plate”, you’ll end up with fewer bolts and sturdier construction

1 Like

yes, I do wanted to do that. maybe in the MBS mount I am designing now. because that way the mount will be in very big size.

5 Likes

@dickyho
Outstanding! The Racerstar is one of my favorites! I’ll probably have to throw a couple in on my next order with you! By the way, my friend is very happy with the AT kit I recently got from you, thank you and keep up the good work!

6 Likes

So am I!!! Great affordable kit

3 Likes

Tell me.more about a MBS mount! I need a set… But long enough center to center distance to clear 8" tires… I prefer not.to have my motor pulleys behind the tire… And idlers preferred :wink:

@ iamasalmon,@ Bobby glad to know that product working good!

1 Like

very difficult to make the motor pulley behind the wheel, unless the mount very long. on the top one of below picture, the centre to centre is 120mm, that can bearly make the motor pulley outside the wheel.

1 Like

no idlers, but @Boardnamics MBS mounts are long enough to put the motor pulley just outside an 8" tire.

Google Photos

2 Likes

thx for this pic. helpful to see in application. so how do you tighten/loosen the 2 of 4 motor screws that are behind the wheel for slide tensioning?

You could probably reach them with a short allen. On some of his other mounts, I haven’t had issues just adjusting the motor with the wheel off.

Check @Riako bash guards :wink:

@dickyho I’m glad you’re working on a bash guard design, but it doesn’t need to be so complicated. I think that modifying the design of the 3d printed pulley cover so that it extends down to cover the bottom of the mount is a more elegant design. I think these designs make the motor mounts look too big, and the top of the mount doesn’t need to be covered. I understand that 3d printed plastics aren’t as durable, but maybe it could be a separate part that’s printed in shock absorbing TPU or maybe CNCd out of aluminum if it’s not too expensive.

1 Like

I will try to quote metal 3D print, just much expensive.