Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Look at you wiping your deck clean every day, that’s ADORABLE.

I remember those times.

5 Likes

@Briman its not banksy its mine…
@RipTideSports If you don’t like my artwork doesn’t matter to me, bc me and my homies like it a lot. Maybe you are some kind of art critic but leave my alone with your opinion and paint your walls like you want. The pic is censored now so you got your candy right at hand.

Is this new or very old Evolve prototype?

It’s my new baby. I wipe my feet before I step on it.

5 Likes

I can’t see it, but assume it is not glorifying what is a lauded photograph which highlights the misery of warfare on the innocent.

Again given the censorship of the post, which is a backdrop rather than the esk8? Are we not jumping to conclusions re: the tone & feeling of this interpretation of the original?

I say unrelease the censorship, the original is shocking but has been public domain for nigh on 50 years & published frequently in very available media such as newspapers, I’m sure millions of children have seen the original

7 Likes

I think that’s an early 5in evolve prototype. I could be won’t as I only saw it in black or raw, when I saw it a couple if tears ago. Looks interesting though.

2 Likes

Putting a skateboard at each end of the hand of a girl burned by napalm. Wow that’s some classy art!
Congratulations! You have got great taste!

\s

1 Like

you are the right one to know :raised_hands::clap::clap:

Very old prototype

1 Like

Oh God that would be something :rofl:

@Riako enjoy your cross-country trip :blush:

4 Likes

It’s a dangerous place to live as the arbitrator of taste, did you see the Bansky use of the photo that skunk posted? I don’t like it, it’s uncomfortable, it contains a strong message on the exports of the USA.

I have not seen @City-Blade-101’s reuse, but from the description maybe there is no political message whatsoever, does that make it obviously wrong?

Who am I to judge?

I was hoping that the promise of careful moderation and censorship would hold true, especially from a mod who worked in the creative sphere @BillGordon even if a esk8 high priest feels uncomfortable in it’s presence, let him scroll on…

6 Likes

I took it down as it received a lot of complaints. Are your feelings more valid than theirs? It’s a classic case of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” and so I made the call that I thought was the lesser of two evils.

If you are so passionate about this fight for truth and justice, maybe elevate your involvement to a cause or a scale more fitting and impactful than a single controversial post in an esk8 forum.

I absolutely see your point, but isn’t it better to say if something if it feels wrong. I believe that the intentions(good/bad) remain hidden if things are not talked about. Either it’s proven that your perception of the matter was wrong or that there was something wrong/off about the matter at hand. Whether it was intentional or not is a different thing.

Yeah, the Banksy one felt very uncomfortable, but “whats the message” came to my mind pretty quickly because of my knowledge of him as an artist and I immediately googled.

As I was writing my reply I got reminded of these phrases.

2 Likes

Oh, and please don’t make assumptions that my actions are based on my personal feelings. It didn’t bother me, but it’s not about my feelings as much as it is the collective well-being of the forum community.

1 Like

I’m not the only one here who is passionate about moderation/censorship. The naysayers are always going to be more vocal that’s why it’s important to listen to the silent majority

Why not let a poll decide if we want the chance to see it ONE more time?

Personally I expect to be disappointed in what I’m fighting for here but that’s not the point

Thank you for telling me what I should do which is also asides from the point, I am not trying to make you uncomfortable, but it seems you pressed the button.

• Allow City-Blade to post his artwork incorporating the well-known and oft-published picture of Kim Phúc running from her village after being burnt by Napalm just the once
  • Fuck that shit, this is a churchy place

0 voters

1 Like

I’m a big advocate for the freedom of Art. I fully understand that it’s not always appropriate in all places and can understand why was taken down here.

3 Likes

but what concerns me more is people judging each other based on the types of art they can or can’t appreciate

5 Likes

Well, that what you get with humans. In a constant loop of trying to solve the puzzle. What is this and where should it go.

Using phrases like “naysayers” and utilizing purposely skewed phrasing in your poll has weakened your stance considerably.