2 Likes

aRe ThOsE heXLs?

3 Likes

Jap, I just died for the first time :smiley: Love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@WavRX
What is this?

4 Likes

VESC tool bridge / SD Card logger minus an antenna.

Edit: or maybe just a universal BLE receiver, not sure if he’s affiliated with the OSRR project but I have a good feeling.

7 Likes

Its an ESP32 so it’s not NRF based. Has wifi and bluetooth but for a remote I hope they’d at least use something lower level like 802.15.4

The two versions of OSRR are running nrf ESB protocol or xbee as the remote link so I don’t think this is compatible.

10 Likes

Strange coincidence with the SD logger I guess, happy for any innovation and thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

no worries, I’m just guessing too

4 Likes

Its a little something I have been working on :slightly_smiling_face: It has an SD card data logger to store lifetime telemetry and faults without relying on a phone. It also comes with an IOS/Android app to adjust settings and such. I will be posting a detailed thread about it soon. :+1:

15 Likes

Spot on @Deodand, you mensch you.

Sounds great @WavRX! We really are in need of more logging solutions

10 Likes

I have been working with those ESP32 modules for quite some time now, and they are exceptionally magnificent to say the least. They pack so much power and features under the shell, Wifi, OTA, BLE, Dual 240Hz Cores and plenty of memory. ESP32 has a full blown 802.11 physical layer stack, IEEE 802.15.4 you are referring to is an older legacy protocol, some of the newly improved aspects of 802.11 are longer range(up to 1000m vs 100m) Better channelization ( up to 20-30Mbit/sec vs 250Kbps), 802.11 has newer Collision handling that improves network performance a lot, better throughout performance and lower energy just to name a few. There is a paper with a more in-depth comparison if you are interested here https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2405959516300650

I have also been experimenting a lot with the capabilities of the onboard radio, focusing on real time performance, and the results have been very satisfactory so far. I have tested both versions with builtin antennas and external ones, external antennas provide some gain boost, but most importantly they can be easily positioned.

6 Likes

This song is sick lol - except for the tick tock part because it makes me thing of tiktok

2 Likes

i have more of this stuff

1 Like

my favs
1 Like

@DavidC

man sorry to see this result. take care so you can join us again in full force when you are well!

2 Likes