Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I would buy one for that price

2 Likes

200 is an excellent price if its just the bms that is broken. Not so much if its the speed controllers.

2 Likes

Make sure that the battery is still good. A broken BMS could mean dead cells in it. But even so, $200 is cheap even if all you salvage is Unity and motors.

Also if it is actually the 2.1, theyā€™re not terribly faulty. The rear axle is much stronger than the 2.0 and the Unity is fairly reliable (or even the 2.0 1.7 focboxes are great too).

4 Likes

Iā€™d roll the dice showing up with one-fiddy in cold hard dead presidents, see if you can figure whatā€™s wrongā€¦ and low-ball offer it to me himā€¦

the allure of cash money in negotiations cannot be understatedā€¦

3 Likes

I really like these. Iā€™ve been considering doing the electrolysis wood burning meathod and sealing it with epoxy.

5 Likes

Be careful, people die doing that shit :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I would, so tell me if you donā€™t.

I just thought it ironic that it shows like that in the google results, because thatā€™s what happened to a lot of their customer orders.

Fake! Board is way to clean for that terrain :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I wanna see a photo of the dudes shoes though walking it out there.

10 Likes

Thanks guys. I think I may go and offer 150 cash and hope he takes it. Worse case, I can use the hubs and unityā€™s for a new build.

thatā€™s the worst part of the board! They heat up fast, and the urethane breaks in massive chunks that could send you flying! If I was buying a Raptor, Iā€™d be immediately adding the price of a Torqueboardā€™s direct drive kit to the price to see what the final working board would cost.

2 Likes

Heck, if the hubs and ESC are working and you donā€™t want it, Iā€™ll take it off your hands for $200 lol. They nice parts with a bit of modding.

1 Like

Ah, I knew they werenā€™t the best but didnā€™t know they were that bad. I like the idea of the dd kit, always wanted one.

Iā€™ll let you know how it works out. The whole thing may be a bit out of my range of my knowledge so Iā€™ll lyk if it is

There is some solutions coming soon for those outwheels. Donā€™t fret, Jeff knows a high temp formula for them and Iā€™m working on a plastic reinforcement core for them too.

1 Like

theyā€™re bad enough they caused the company to go out of business :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would say it was the raptor 1/2 that snapped axles, the bad unity firmware that was not caught in time, and that jason guy

RIP. Wish I coulda got my hands on a focbox

14 Likes