Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

:open_mouth: Print head went bananas?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a Printhead gone nuclear if Iā€™ve ever seen it.

2 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

ender has ended :thinking:

@zach you have to explain more, should one never leave the house with a 3d printer running ?

2 Likes

Haha, you guys make me chuckle.

Im alright, left the printer on (not printing, just on) while i went and got some tea and :banana: bread, fire alarms started going off, and when i went to check my room, the print head assembly was on fire.

No one hurt, nothing damaged aside from the printer, so things could be much worse.
Curious as to what went wrong, as nothing had been changed on it recently aside from stepper config, but here we are.
Inspected the rubble, and thermistor and heater cartridge were still firmly attached, so i donā€™t suspect runaway (this was running Marlin; Runaway protection was enabled)

I wouldnā€™t say that. While this was sobering to how bad things can go wrong, im still very aware that there are individuals who leave their printers running 24/7 and never had an issue.
My point being, just exercise caution. Know your system, its limits, and its capabilities.

While im really sad about this whole ordeal, im alive, and it could have been much worse. Upwards and onwards, time to do my research and start again.

(more photos, not my camera so sorry for the quality)

11 Likes

Oh wow man, glad everyone is OK. Was it preheating the hotend or anything?

2 Likes

It might have been. I had just loaded the fillament, and the heater might have still been on after that ordeal. I couldve swore it wasnt, but its a possibility.

4 Likes

Ouch. What was the make and model?

Anycubic i3 Mega. Great printer with some annoying caveats.

1 Like

Temperamental Anycubic on suicide mode. Meanwhile, @Zach down in the kitchen ā€¦

7 Likes

Atleast it wasnt one of those really messy ones.

I appreciate a tidy gal

2 Likes

Good thing nothing else happened. Is kinda scary a printer could that. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Was that the stock i3 mega hotend or modded?

Modded. Titan with a V6

I think this is somewhat unnecessary. Spark test will do IMO šŸ–¼ļø Pictures and nothing else!

Someoneā€™s gonna have to teach my intellectual ass how to properly reply to shit

1 Like

would you be forever butt-hurt if I told you, ā€œHold my bongā€¦ I know what Iā€™m doing!ā€

3 Likes

:sob: two of my favorite things are fighting: steel and Earth

I love both of them so much though

2 Likes

Luckily these plumes are cooling cycle steam releases so not as bad as it looks. They do have a bad history of dumping though :confused:

3 Likes

CO2 with steelā€¦

2 Likes