Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Patience is something I have a problem with. Bottle of die is only 5 bucks… I did have to do a lot of scrubbing on my stove and counters where the die splashed…

3 Likes

It takes the whole thing right?

Keep us updated on any issues with chunking after the dying. (If it even happens) The larger the dataset, the better

1 Like

I just dumped the whole bottle.

1 Like

Do we think it causes chunking?

Just hypothesizing. Only a handful of people have ever done it. Different urethane might react differently, we will see.

2 Likes

I almost wanted to say : Why the fuck do you buy blue ones and dye them black when you just could’ve gotten the regular black ones. At that moment i remembered that they have a different duro :joy:

4 Likes

Do you know where you are and the group you are dealing with? Patience? There are people here disappointed with Jeff Wu for not completely finishing the neoBOX in less than two months.

7 Likes

Us esk8ers should be used to waiting months for parts :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It was painful waiting for a week for them to arrive… Amazon prime fucks up your expectations…

2 Likes

It is entirely possible… I did cook them on low heat for an hour. And let sit in hot water another few hours.

Does the dye actually penetrate into the wheel or is it only on the surface?

Let’s say hypothetically had 2 different colored wheels of different duro and your dyed them both black.

What would you do to mark them and identify them later?

1 Like

Bounce them and see which one goes higher

4 Likes

Ride them over crosswalk tiles and see which one pitches you more sideways.

3 Likes

I like that. My target isn’t a wheel unfortunately but I need to be the first person to do it so secrets secrets

I think it actually penetrates. I will be curious to see if at some point I wear through it…

That might look cool, kinda like 2 tone
black on the sides and blue in the middle

1 Like

Your belts look loose

4 Likes

Not as loose as ur butt

13 Likes