Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Yes custom made (hopefully) universal mounting.
Should be able to strap down a box too.
Will test more soon.
So far fits trampa and the mbs deck.
Great way to secure your battery without drilling holes in deck.
Super solid

6 Likes

You guys created it or bought it premade?

Made some new friends in LA.
Guy makes bags and what have you for military purposes.
We just asked if he had velcro .
He came up with waaay better solution.
We watched it get created over the past few hours.
Really impressed with how well it works.

Might create a thread latter to discuss making more and selling them

9 Likes

Wait is this the same guy @klaus79856 mentioned that can make a waterproof bag?

2 Likes

Same guy indeed.
Great guy. Obviously talented.

4 Likes

interestingā€¦ Iā€™m so worried that my enclosure is to tight for my battery. this pic shines new light on the subject. Iā€™m like ā€œwow you can ride with your battery like thatā€

2 Likes

Damn I gotta meet him lol!

3 Likes

So there is no bearings?
Any burn smell?

5 Likes

It was missing the bearing when I got the board and I really wanted to ride so I made thoseā€¦they held up for like 8 miles so far, just replaced them for some proper 60012rs bearings

They had some wobble but the grease on the axle kept them pretty slickā€¦like minimal extra resistance and they have no cracks or burn marks

9 Likes

Cool!
Thatā€™s like a Flintstone hack :laughing:

12 Likes

Is that a truck bushing on top of your board?

2 Likes

It does look like it, footstop I would bet.

2 Likes

Yep tried* and true footstop

5 Likes

While we are on the subject at what speed does this become helpful? I only reached 40km/h and did not yet felt like I needed to change my foot placement or stance.

2 Likes

Looks really cool, but it looks like a 38+inch deck would get in the way of the doors lol

2 Likes

What deck is that? Did you skin it yourself?
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a 38 inch Jet Kill shot i skinned and glass frit it myself. design was made by my buddy. Sadly this deck will be his :joy:

4 Likes

Great job, is it skinned both sides?

How is the flex now? Can I see the edges?
Edit. Sorry dude, lots of questions lol. I am halfway through my own project and that is so nice.

4 Likes

Thank You!
that one is only carbon on the top and its still a WIP. But on my personal build (SR-71) I Skinned both sides and edges with carbon and it has just minor flex with me on it. I only weigh about 170 pounds though.
I have let my brother who weighs around 240 pounds ride it and it was flexing enough for me to tell him to stop riding. so unless you are on the heavy side i wouldnā€™t worry about flex.

1 Like

That is a beautiful solution. Better than duct-tape.
And we use Raychem Heatshrink. Itā€™s expensive, but after shrinking it, it is like a flexible silicon cable. Ask him for that. It is used in cable trees from cars and motorcycles.

1 Like