Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

First test piece on the CNC now it has a workbench to sit on.

Its a battery pack and bms case. Its just MDF for the moment to check sizes but i might recut it in some sort of plastic if it works out well.

It will go on a lightweight street carver im building to get to work. Since i now live super close i only need 12s1p and single motor drive to commute. 12s1p design uses custom PCB’s i made for an old project that i never finished. I will also be able to take this pack off and use it as a huge usb battery pack whilst camping or at events.

Also getting a good extraction setup is on my todo list. I already have the parts jut not got round to sorting it out yet.

6 Likes

I wanted to make a cyclonic dust extractor similar to the Oneida Dust Deputy but since I don’t do woodworking often I just use my Festool dust extractor.

I’ve got a big ass vacuum motor with a bag that hangs on the wall, has a 12 foot 3in hose that I can move around to different pieces of equipment. I’ve had it for around 10 years, still works great. I paid 100 bucks for it at harbor freight I think.

3 Likes

This one?

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-hp-industrial-5-micron-dust-collector-97869.html

If yes they must-have raised the price significantly.

1 Like

That looks allot like it, like I said mines 10 years old.

2 Likes

Not Yet! still defining the design.

2 Likes

Dude, you make my day ! :smiley: Cheers !

2 Likes

There will be a GB once… :wink:

1 Like

Don’t be sad you didn’t get invited to the party :stuck_out_tongue:

I just thought I had found a new hidden trust level thread…now I’m not sad, just disappointed

You’ll find that one one day if you’re lucky

@Venom121212 I think the only way that’ll happen is me becoming a mod. But I know so many people would pass before me on that point since I dont carry the same experiences as they do… all i can do to make it work is keep my patreon account loaded :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Working on trucks and hangers aswell.
Tomorow gonna sit together with my cnc guy to work out the small isues he noticed.

After this deck 2 more shapes will come out.

I have to say that being here on the forum has helped me alot.
I mean that by reading and learning from all of you guys I now know what the right way to do things are.

4 Likes

Yes, I can vouch for @MarkOneBoards. Had a rough start here yes but a nice guy and I think he will do good stuff here. Deck looks amazing mate, well done!

4 Likes

u passed on the left…

We live in Europe. Hello. Right hand passing is illegal.

1 Like

over here if we’re going to pass on the left side of someone, we say “on the left” or “on your left”

1 Like

Trust me, I shouted so many things, I just cut the audio out… The smart one reacted.

Also it’s a language difference.

if I shout behind someone “to the right” i’d expect them to veer to the left and vice versa… sometimes its best to keep silent.

It’s a language difference, I can’t translate it better, but “on your left” would be the closest one. Never had an issue yelling this before this one.

It was kind of the same. :smiley:

Also if a kid knew what to yell to his friend, probably it’s the common practice.