Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, I love the combination of pneumatics with dropdown deck. Very stable and comfortable.

That’s actually a great plan. Would definitely be more expensive but will be bulletproof.

You piqued my interest in vacuum forming the guards. It would be pretty easy to make a mould and once it’s made, it would be very easy to mass produce these guards. Maybe someone with a vacuum forming setup can take interest. @Psychotiller maybe, if there is enough demand.

Yeah, I agree. But I have one last test left. I have thickened where it broke and I am going to print in Taulman 910. Take a look at how it compares to ABS, PETG and PLA. Finger’s crossed :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

@ThermalChild
🖼 Pictures and nothing else!
How that happened?
The foxboxes both done?

1 Like

I bought a cheap xt60 spliter and the solder joint in the middle cracked. I was mid ride when I felt the board lose power and was luckily not going fast and was able to duck down a side street to come to a stop. I assume it cracked from vibrations. Yeah, I had my friend help me diagnose the issue. One focbox got power while the canbus was plugged in. Both are dead, but he can fix them for me so not a big deal.

5 Likes

Should be only the communication port than.
If he knows how to fix it, it shouldn’t be a big deal.
Good to hear nothing else happened :ok_hand:

1 Like

That sucks dude I have one from TB gonna have to inspect it.

1 Like

We have a winner!

I wonder what you won?

2 Likes

Me too :joy::joy::joy:

Signed photo of these sexy drives?

1 Like

I’ll give you a hint, they are covered in ball butter…

PM me your deck pics and we will send these out!

6 Likes

Ceramics race bearings???
Who doesnt love some ball butter :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Your moms face

8 Likes

Hmm, I have a similar one, but it’s for 2 XT60s to 1 XT90. Am using it to replace my own dodgy solder job, which actually did crack apart when I unplugged it :grimacing: Will make sure to put some padding around it, don’t want that to happen to mine. :confused:

Gotta love the FocBoxes for not turning completely off if they lose power, once had my on switch come off, and I noticed that although I couldn’t accelerate, I could still break somehow.

Use 10g solid core copper. Use small needle nose pliers to bend it to shape and then solder the copper into the female plugs, lastly heat shrink. It never fails.

4 Likes

Thanks! I did learn to solder those connectors properly eventually; searching YouTube for “military spec soldering” and an old video about soldering cup terminals helped. What I was using was just a quick job with lead-free (aka shitty) solder just so that I could ride my board asap :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Chaka?

3 Likes

Seriously underrated post.

4 Likes

Thank you :grin:

1 Like

Shameless plagiarism. I’m gonna make you walk from the bus stop.

2 Likes

Walk? You mean uber

4 Likes

I didn’t think that threat through very well.

4 Likes

Really i could just unpack my board and ride it lol.

2 Likes