Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Im actually doing a fwd forward facing motors build on a 30inch deck now

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: Those look amazing! How do they attach to the trucks though? I need this in my life, so am interested in whether or not I could do the same with SurfRodz.

4 Likes

Apparently is just press fit or attached to mount

1 Like

I think that was a 12 or 15mm, don’t remember, it was 3 + years ago.

1 Like

Thx! They will work easy on any front trucks if the shape of your deck could work with. (For the rear it depend on a lot of things like what motor mount are used etc)
Like @Grozniy say, I made both systems as I can’t decide ^^
Attached to the mount is more polyvalent for other trucks (with the right profile pattern for itch)

This one look clean :

7 Likes

Rad haul.
Be sure to inspect those gloves.
A handful of members had to get Replacements due to Quality Control issues in stitching.

4 Likes

I was one of those members. They take good care of you. I’ve been sent replacements immediately and don’t feel like they’re not worth it given the level of customer service.

That’s actually a replacement set just because of a minor QC issue, with the little finger pads. They sent me a new pair immediately.

They even sent me a replacement fingerless right glove because I told them I’d lost it (during our little photoshoot last month).

4 Likes

That’s great.
I remember there was like five or six different members who posted about it in the same day so I’d forgotten who.

1 Like

@Riako, Looks great! But I hope you are making the part that attaches to the trucks in metal and also strengthen the guard where it attaches to the metal part… Mine broke after about 100km. Vibrations killed it. What makes it worse is that it is only supported from one side, causing increased stress and fatigue failure. I have to look into ways to strengthen mine.

8 Likes

Oh no :sob:

2 Likes

I literally do this at least once a week. Surprising how well the grip tape holds the carton. lol

5 Likes

@Riako
This. I need this. I would buy the haggy drive system just so I could have these. So cool.
Those carbon and wood grain fenders would look so good on a lacroix too. Nice designs

7 Likes

My dumb ass read, smoke only wheels day :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Maybe to add a holding part on the other side?
Something that is just sit on the nut should already help a lot to take away stess.

2 Likes

ha yes, thanks for the feedback mate !
I think you already ride what I want to ride :smile: I love it, and thanks for all your sharing on your thread !
I’m thinking to do it like the cross kart :

a full metal structure that old the guard.

But also bike cross take insane vibration and they just fail when you crash… the print is not the good technique to use directly WO little custom so. Thanks for your test.
Maybe just a glass fiber will help you ?
I’m confident with the carbon fiber layer.

What do you think about press vaccum it with an ABS layer, just like enclosure ??

6 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, I love the combination of pneumatics with dropdown deck. Very stable and comfortable.

That’s actually a great plan. Would definitely be more expensive but will be bulletproof.

You piqued my interest in vacuum forming the guards. It would be pretty easy to make a mould and once it’s made, it would be very easy to mass produce these guards. Maybe someone with a vacuum forming setup can take interest. @Psychotiller maybe, if there is enough demand.

Yeah, I agree. But I have one last test left. I have thickened where it broke and I am going to print in Taulman 910. Take a look at how it compares to ABS, PETG and PLA. Finger’s crossed :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

@ThermalChild
🖼 Pictures and nothing else!
How that happened?
The foxboxes both done?

1 Like

I bought a cheap xt60 spliter and the solder joint in the middle cracked. I was mid ride when I felt the board lose power and was luckily not going fast and was able to duck down a side street to come to a stop. I assume it cracked from vibrations. Yeah, I had my friend help me diagnose the issue. One focbox got power while the canbus was plugged in. Both are dead, but he can fix them for me so not a big deal.

5 Likes

Should be only the communication port than.
If he knows how to fix it, it shouldn’t be a big deal.
Good to hear nothing else happened :ok_hand:

1 Like

That sucks dude I have one from TB gonna have to inspect it.

1 Like