Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Dude, what happened?

1 Like

Drilling (5) holes is too many?!?

@evoheyax is that the same deck from this video?

2 Likes

No that’s not my deck.x

4 Likes

I had made an experimental battery pack that went very wrong. Nickle as I’m sure you know is limited in its power output. When you want to suck 6000 watts from your battery, you need something more than nickle (like copper bus bars). I tried soldering copper strips to the cells and it worked great for a few months.

What I assumed happened was that the copper came in contact with the balance wires and cut through them. Right where the fire start was where 6 balance wires where right next to one of these strips. I thought about this being a problem when I made the battery pack, but I disregarded it. I was wrong.

Live and learn. I had to call the Sfpd to come put it out because it burned for over 30 minutes with no sign of going out. There’s a video on YouTube of the fire if you want to watch it. Wait for the cell that shoots off like a bullet. It was only a few feet from my face.

Fun fact. I’m still racing these motors. Last race was Bakersfield 2020 right before the pandemic started.

6 Likes

Anyone reading along, take a detour over here for a moment, we’ll wait

4 Likes

Hey Al, how have these unobtanium black belly boa bearings been doing? Do you think they are worth what they are sold for?

3 Likes

I’ve only been on one ride on them dude. So really can’t say bro

4 Likes

Channel front, RKP rear? What angle are you running in the back? And how’s she do?

1 Like

@Redeye what bearings are you using to run ali 6x2 wheels on matrix ii axles?

I was running 30deg on rear with TB110s, but when I went to 6x2s I had to go to 40deg to clear the motors that had to be moved inward. Unfortunately, I get wheel bite with the 6x2s on the BN220s, so I’m in transition to wider matrix 2s and patiently waiting for @NoWind to send me the adjustable plates. Hence the 3D printed 30deg wedge.

1 Like

8x26x12

1 Like

Haha, thought you had some sort of floppy disk skinned BMS attached to this thing at first glance…

5 Likes

Floppies are the new BMS :fire:

6 Likes

Looks like you may be able to be using 20mm belts?

Shitty prices aside

Cheap belts cost time and money.

Beltingonline or rs

4 Likes

@KaramQ

What’s going on back there? What extension bracket is that?

2 Likes

I need to come to one of these. Invite me!

1 Like

I will for the next one bro!

1 Like

How often are they / when’s the next one?

1 Like