šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

It will be

1 Like

Considering building something like this for my OneWheel experiments. Iā€™d feel a lot more comfortable testing its limits traveling at 0 speed :sweat_smile:

Your dyno looks pretty damn solid; construction wise it looks like you could literally park a car on it!

3 Likes

Yep PETG

Thatā€™s a beautiful enclosure, whatā€™s the capacity with 4wd

2 Likes

Thank you! @tomiboi work! This is not final form itā€™s an early edition but I think itā€™s still a really good enclosure especially if building with 18650 cells

It will with 18s8p 4wd with 18650s easily
18s6p 4wd with 21700, but itā€™s a bit of a squeeze

My 4wd esk8con demo board will be 18s6p p45b

7 Likes

Gear that thing to 55mph, get a good rider and you can take that thing to first place if you are racing it, from watching race footage and stuff people riding V5s post they are at a huge disadvantage on 2wd, both during braking and how they try to exit corners, as long as that board can pull comparable lateral Gs you can get on the brakes way later and get on the gas way sooner and not fishtail all over the place as they do. It happened with IMSA in the 80s, when Audi brought Quattro to America (it was so powerful it got its hand tied behind its back and no amount of handicaps could stop it so it got banned), once someone figures out how to get power to all 4 wheels in a race trim board itā€™s over for 2wd. And before someone mentions the 15lbs (max) weight penalty, lay off the pizza and it wonā€™t be an issue.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m going to have to find a driver :smile: lord knows I am not taking any trophyā€™s :sob: I do have 2 race tickets! One for myself and another for whoever wants to race!!! You coming? :eyes::eyes:

6 Likes

Hopefully, I was just looking at how much flights and a hotel would cost earlier today and itā€™s not as bad as I thought so I think Iā€™ll be able to make it. Iā€™m looking forward to it, it will be my first time riding with other people or racing.

4 Likes

Letā€™s chat next time you stop by

3 Likes

Even now, 4wd vesc still canā€™t beat stooge

maybe Artā€™s new setup will have the ability but Iā€™m not convinced yet

2 Likes

So you going to represent!? :star_struck:

1 Like

I think there are a couple of reasons for this, first, the best riders out there all ride the V5, its a great board but it also means everyone at the highest level has practiced on 2wd and it will take a lot of time and relearning to reach the same level of mastery on a 4wd board because just like with the transition from RWD to Quattro in IMSA as I mentioned before, Audi couldnā€™t put anyone in that car and be faster, they needed the drivers that had trained on quattro for years so they brought over rally drivers from Europe, but once they stuck them in the car it was clear they were untouchable. But once they reach that level where they are extracting every ounce of performance out of the board, I believe they will be faster.

Other stuff like the 3 links, wheels and tires are things that the SRB does great, the lipo pouches have their advantages too. This doesnā€™t mean that Stooge boards are automatically irrelevant in fact they have the best starting place out of anyone, all I said was ā€œ4 wheels in a race trim boardā€ I donā€™t care who builds it but it its done right, I think it will be super powerful. VESCs have come pretty far, I donā€™t think that the current stooge approach of giant motors and a bazillion amps is completely necessary for 4wd, 4wd cars have always been down on power compared to 2wd but they make up for it in traction. You can use smaller motors on all corners and as long as your rider doesnā€™t weigh a ton you will be fine, I have gotten the new SKP controller up to over 100a/side and at that point, you are limited by tires not controller.

1 Like

Represent what?

Race it at Esk8con

1 Like

Yeah all I was saying is that except for this build, 4wd has not been able to beat stooge in terms of power and speed yet

Heath got close but not quite

3 Likes

oops

3 Likes

I donā€™t know, I was just riding this board around to see how it performed.

2 Likes

niceeeeee

1 Like

Work bench is a lot smaller than iā€™m used to, but it does the job :grin:

3 Likes

I so wish i could take my board ,but there is no way i can pull that off,the trip to Iceland is going to kill me as it is. I wish i knew where there was a race tack i can try.

1 Like