🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

@Venom121212 I went back in time and found the part. What should I warn the future not to do?

Nice! Any sneak peaks to the specs?

1 Like

45” long, 30” standing platform, 10.25” wide 12.5 degree nose and tail wedge/de-wedge

8 Likes

This is the evo on steroids i have been asking for! Take my money! ( i even wrote tomiboi about making a deck like this a long time ago. :smiley:)

1 Like

@Skyart ?

So the torque alone is enough to rip my go pro mount on half :smile: that’s my story and I’m sticking to it…has nothing to do with me trying to adjust camera angle on the fly :grinning:

5 Likes
1 Like

Kegel core? Tell us more? :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Yeah kegel core.

Radium beta wheels. 125mm, rubber over foam, ABS core. Paired with some lovely 48T pulleys that @Savage1 happened to have laying around.

Rode them on the Radium board today and they were dreamy. Gonna see if i can’t fit them on these Hoyt UAV trucks tonight.

9 Likes

Cool
Must be killing range though?

I’m sure range will take a hit, but I have hope that it won’t be as bad as I initially thought.

I’ve been averaging 16wh/km pretty consistently the last few days on the 111s and 44T, so i’ll swap the wheels out and see how i go. The 48T and the slightly bigger wheels have me pretty much at the same top speed, so it should be a pretty fair comparison.

2 Likes

I’m thinking I’d love to try them wheels. @Tony_Stark, are they still beta?
@glyphiks, your pulleys on the 111’s are 42T by the way.

3 Likes

200 (3)

I’ve been living a lie.

4 Likes

I was zipping through a new section of my neighborhood when I realized I was headed straight into some freshly poured asphalt. I swerved off, up a ramped curb, and hit the throttle right before I landed in the dirt.

@Arzamenable just don’t throttle up while in the air.

1 Like

Very interesting! The rubber over foam constructions sounds very similar to the Stooge Racing Wheels. How close are these to being released to the public?

1 Like

Maybe late this year or early next year. Still have to go through some more prototypes to get them right. Likely ditching the foam due to manufacturing difficulty

3 Likes

I can only imagine how tricky foam can be to work with. The weight savings must be epic.

Actually because the foam is so high density the weight saving is not as huge as you might think. The 65 x 125 wheel still weighs 600g. But the next 120 x 70 mm prototype will be lighter with no foam due to design, but we will see how the grip and ride quality go

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure,
first motor was while riding, 20mph or so, had thousands of miles on it, so I thought it was just me, over time breaking it

Second motor, was shortly after the first, i thought it was a bent sprocket from hitting a rock. So I put new pulleys and spacers on it.

Third motor was a few hundred miles later, I think the motor sprocket shifted, adding tension to the chain, I was going 5mph turning off of a hard pack gravel trail on to paved when it broke, I heard a difference in chain sound right before it happened

1 Like

You should honestly be ashamed butchering a beautiful pair of trucks and a deck like that.