🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

What black magic is going on here?

2 Likes

I picked up one of these Maytech MTSPF7.12 200A SUPERFOC ESC for next to nothing because it didn’t work.

Turns out it had two shorted mosfets which is a fairly simple swap, but when I connected to it I was surprised to find 75_300 firmware on it. I figured that was why it blew up, because it looks like a VESC 6 design with monster mosfets… not a 75/300 design which has no DRV chip.

Then I went on Maytech’s website and became even more confused. They are advertising it as a 75v ESC using he 75/300 design and firmware, then they go on to show the 60v DRV and 63v capacitors. The only thing “75v” about this is the 80v mosfets.

With the 75_300 firmware, a 25v input was reading 36v, but once I loaded the VESC 6 firmware, it read correctly. That means they used the voltage dividers from the VESC 6 schematic. They basically just slapped parallel 80v mosfets onto a VESC 6 and called it a 75/300.

It’s really too bad because it’s a nicely laid out ESC. Stacked board, 12x 300A mosfets, reinforced traces and two of them are only a bit larger in size than the Stormcore, but with 2-3x more power. I’m thinking it will run great on 12s with the right firmware.

7 Likes

This is what I have. Still big but has everything

4 Likes

Got the same one, always use it.

So they are straight up lying claiming it will do 18S?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if lying is the right word, as that means it’s deliberate. These things are pretty much guaranteed to blow up running higher than 12s along with that firmware which also measures current incorrectly. That has to result in returns, chargebacks, etc. Seems more like a serious lack of communication between engineering and marketing, or just gross incompetence.

3 Likes

This belongs in esk8 asmr

4 Likes

Hell yeah! First adapter for CNC hubs for the jump drives :sunglasses:
I really hope we get even more

7 Likes

@tomiboi hubs next up.

10 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/t/pictures-and-nothing-else/30415/12175?u=cyanoacrylate

@Yeahthatperson are the shafts being twisted in 2? That’s impressive. when does it happen? During jumps?

Thats pure artwork… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

What caused the gear to break?
Moon straight cut right?

2 Likes

I was happy with my collection of boards, but you really know how to make a guy feel inadequate!

5 Likes

Bet thats not even all of them

3 Likes

This is what best describes how I felt today…

1 Like

There are 3 more completes in the house…

4 Likes

Goddammit Raf, I was joking :rofl:

3 Likes

That one tire facing backwards lol

2 Likes

Are those angled tips on an Odashi @tomiboi?

It is not an Odashi :grinning: for the past few months Tomiboi and I have been working on getting this beauty just right

Even swapped my plutonium over to the soon to be SKP “insert name here” Deck!

7 Likes