🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

I didn’t want to say anything but I was definitely thinking it :grin:

3 Likes

The driver and the cop lied on the report and said I was crossing the street in front of him. The only thing that saved me was my go pro footage. I wear it on every ride now.

6 Likes

Using a GoPro as a esk8 dashcam is a great idea. Wish I had a GoPro now. Will definitely get one at some point for this purpose

4 Likes

Mine dies in like 20 minutes, it’s horrible.

I might just have the wrong model, but it’s absolutely nothing like a dash cam. It’s one more thing to charge every day and it doesn’t last very long.

A nice dash cam like thing would just come on with the vehicle and run off the same battery… and loop its recording until you saved it, not fill up and stop recording until you did maintenance.

2 Likes

Sounds like a regular dashcam would work just fine then! :wink:

I suspect it would get shaken to fuck, plus there isn’t room for it. Needs to be the shape of a truck riser and have headlights next to it :grin:

1 Like

Just invest into a decent gimbal and adapt for esk8 as well. Your board might stay getting a little crowded we it’ll gear how ever

Board will look like a Hollywood movie camera set all for insurance purposes

Last board I made didn’t even have room for an extra MR30 connector. No space at all left.

It’s okay, a bigger board will do the trick!

1 Like

Then I have to park it outside to get stolen. Might as well build an ebike then.

You didn’t build your board with the anti-theft alarm package? Gotta cut cost somewhere I guess xD

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How do the DHs fit?

3 Likes

Welp.
Fine I think.
I just did 16 miles on this little fucker and they didn’t fall off.

Used BN 36 tooth gears.

If you just put them in there and tighten it down it deforms the wheel.

So I added some spacers between the pulley bearing and wheel bearing and it seems fine.
Ok engagement in the core looks to me.

I had a lot of fun on this ride I just did.

These are definitely keepers.

I haven’t ordered another set yet but it is coming soon probably…

6 Likes

custom enclosure on the omakase? looks just like a normal board from the top, honestly a dank-looking sleeper.

1 Like

It is the Eboosted Tayto enclosure. But it worked out pretty well on the Omakase.

Ben has one made for the Omakase @BigBen

https://instagram.com/bbenclosures?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking of buying that for an EDC. Pretty hefty or just right you say?

1 Like

I don’t think I would want it in my pocket.

Does not seem all that heavy.

Maybe you take some out too that you maynnot use.

T tool for reference

5 Likes

It’s go in a bag. Right now I have a bunch of bits and what not and a racheting screw driver. Sits in a marvel pencils bag :joy:

2 Likes

I ordered it because I broke a cheap torx changing the PX tire…

1 Like