šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

ah okay, thanks.

Yeah that might be, but Iā€™m currently already running a WS20, rated for 25A, at over 40 motor amps for like 4 months now and it doesnā€™t even get warm, so there might be a lot of overhead in those connectors too.

Just a side noteā€¦
Connector current ratings are often just for a particular temperature rise in free air. Theyā€™re not safety limits or melting points.

I often see 20Ā°C as a temp rise basis for a current rating. This isnā€™t as low as you might think as it can easily result in an almost-too-hot-to-grab metal connector if out in the open and a frakkinā€™ hot one if inside a case or in the sun.

2 Likes

:arrow_up: this, and also weā€™re typically not running these connectors in open air. Theyā€™re often stuffed into a crowded and cramped non-breathable enclosure along with lots of other components that also generate heat during use.

2 Likes

Good call, Iā€™ll be watching the temps. Gotta try new stuff. And, as I said, ā†“

Also, opposed to Amass connectors, these are completely metal and outside the enclosure too, so lots of opportunities to radiate heat away. :smiley:

2 Likes

Mega nice, doooood!
Keep on going!
Awesome.

2 Likes

@Venom121212 where do you spend most of your time riding? Concrete or dirt? Lately Iā€™m 70/30 concrete /dirt and it is ruining my street parts and human body.

Ive used emtb on streets, but the tire wear and stability suuuuuuuucks.

2 Likes

Iā€™m about 70/30 myself but am just too lazy to change tires multiple times per week.

Need to figure out a hot swap battery enclosure system.

2 Likes

Can I introduce you to my personal lord and savior, dzus Christ?

(A better joke uses ā€œZeusā€ bc thatā€™s actually how pronounced, and bonus, both gods, but idfk)

5 Likes

Oh baby, I just learned a new word for a thing I like!

7 Likes

This is why I went hard into using kegel-compatible rims.

Itā€™s dead easy now for me to just slide off 6" or 8" pneumies on InfinityHubs and slide on TB110 wheels multiple times per week. No changing tubes, pulleys or adaptors. If I plan ahead at least 30 mins before a ride I can swap at the ā€œlast minuteā€ with no issue. Sometimes I even take a set of pneumies or thanes on rides to swap mid ride.

Only downside is no matter what Iā€™m stuck with a 2.78:1 gear ratio before wheel size is counted in.

2 Likes

i adore the color of the Clownwheels :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Beautiful! Where is that?

3 Likes

Rovinj, Croatia

17 Likes

:heart_eyes: Post those pics in the wallpaper thread! :smiley:

Looks great on my phone:

12 Likes

Words cannot accurately describe that boardā€™s beauty

4 Likes

Please tell me there is more than one tiny piece of nickel connecting the p-groups :skull:

12 Likes

Concern here? Itā€™s 0.3mm nickelā€¦Itā€™s a hard pack going in a stiff carbon deck. I mean itā€™s also only a single line running into 12 gauge aluminum braided lineā€¦? If there is honestly a major concern hereā€¦I can go back and add connections between each p group. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Beautiful bro :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Simeon,
your builded batteries still going strong whilst abusing them very hard even the shock therapy way. NO way so far to break them in rock solid GF enclosure. Welds and everything seems stable af.
Best Work!
:mechanical_arm:

4 Likes

Dude, the speed you work at is phenomenal.

Day 1: Iā€™d like to press my own boards
Day 3: This steel frame Iā€™ve welded together should do very nicely
Day 5: This two-part wooden mould Iā€™ve made is exactly the shape I had in mind
Day 6: I have pressed my own board
Day 7: By the seventh day He had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And He blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

23 Likes