šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Probably because your intended sarcasm was all too real a scenario, easily seen as being completely sensible by a distressingly large number of people.

Not commenting on that to make sure others knew it was a bad idea would be irresponsible.

Our posts will not always be seen the same way by every person. Understanding that, and having respect for the different viewpoints and approaches others might have, is important. But I know this idea might go over some peopleā€™s heads. :wink:

5 Likes

They donā€™t call you Mr. Smarty Farts for nothing! I agree with what you said!

Yep, you responding seriously reminded me of that. :smiley:

2 Likes

But, TBH, it got me thinkingā€¦

Perhaps there is some way to have a small sanding disk (Dremel?), on a foam base so it conforms to the cell, mounted down like that milling bit that you could pass down a row of cells in a holder/vise.

Essentiallyā€¦a safer version of that milling approach. Making it sort of an assembly line. Probably not worth the effort but I always seem to end up trying to think of some way to safely speed up the process. Itā€™s so repetitive so it just irks me that it canā€™t be faster. :joy:

Youā€™d think that, but the man himself said that the cells vary too much in hight. So youā€™d probably have to make a slightly squishable base?

If you wanna check it out, hereā€™s the full video. If you donā€™t know Marco already, heā€™s a legend. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. It popped up in my Recommended videos but I hadnā€™t seen it.

Yea, agreed, I mentioned using a foam base. The sanding disk would have to be quite thin tooā€¦probably too thin to last.

2 Likes

Maybe a stone would work, like a benchgrinder, but on it head. :thinking:

Too hard, it wouldnā€™t shape itself to the curves of the cellā€™s top and bottom.

I know that there are sand paper sponges

1 Like

Party on a board :partying_face:
do you have any videos of you riding with the music on please share :sunglasses:

2 Likes

not riding but the music on

both hands are occupied when riding. right is remote, left is accessory remote to control everything - mainly used for turn signals when riding. Iā€™ll film with my phone for a bit in my hand when riding but I donā€™t have a mount or stick.

3 Likes

Howā€™s your accessory remote set up? Iā€™d love to read a thread about your accessory system.

1 Like

Pretty much everything is detailed in my boardā€™s thread but itā€™s quite spread out. All parts are listed in the first post. Essentially I use a 433mhz receiver and transmitter (generic car remote key fob). The receiver is connected to my Arduino mega 2560 pro which is the brains/OS for all my accessories. Then all the lights have switches made of MOSFETS, triggered by the Arduino.

1 Like

Iā€™d be willing to help you,if you went that route.
(Colorado boys :fist_right:t4::fist_left:t4:)

3 Likes

Wow, is that a choo choo?!

1 Like

No itā€™s a honk honk

1 Like

i thought thatā€™s and aƦOOUuga

2 Likes

the Neo Honk Honk :smile:

looks like a Ding Ding

What connector is that ?

Also this build reminds me of somethingā€¦

1 Like