šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

@glyphiks Iā€™m excited to see how your press turns out. Iā€™m looking at buying one at the moment. Iā€™m a shit welder.

4 Likes

hope your good, that looks like it hurts. what the heck happened?

1 Like

Not so good so farā€¦

I am a week and a day inā€¦ still can;t sit.
gonna be a while i think.

I was on the Street Fluxā€¦ hit a loose board sticking up on a little briggeā€¦
started dancing on the board, and went down hard on my assā€¦

2 Likes

dang that board was deff trying to hurt someone, hope you get back to 100 soon!

1 Like

Oh man, definitely buy one :rofl: iā€™ve been flat out on this for like a week and my body is wrecked :rofl: super heavy work.

I am also a shit welder :rofl:

2 Likes

Thats where we make them

1 Like

This is the one Iā€™m looking at. The price-tag definitely makes me consider making my own. They have some other fun toys too.
SK-3000 Skateboard and Longboard press (snowboardmaterials.com)

4 Likes

5 Likes

Have a speedy recovery bruh

4 Likes

You definitely need to put a battery and motor on that. If thereā€™s a train esk8, then there could be a deck press esk8. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Battering ram esk8 :rofl: this thing is heavy as fuck, its hard to even push around on the wheels :rofl:

2 Likes

Trailer hitch on frankendick :joy:

1 Like

Even more reason to use a motor :rofl:

1 Like

Goddammit Rossā€¦ now i wanna know if frankendick can pull it

3 Likes

i meanā€¦we r the lazy bunch here, thatā€™s why we slap motors on skateboard and zoom zoom

6 Likes

Ummā€¦many cells do not have flat top contact surface and none have a flat bottom. That method could be a disaster.

If it must be done then do it by hand and keep metal particles out of the positive contact by putting a piece of Kapton tape over the cell top and filing/grinding through the tape. The remaining tape will prevent the particles from falling into the cavity around the top contact.

6 Likes

this is brilliant, Iā€™m definitely going to be doing this with cells going forward. great advice as always.

3 Likes

I know, I should have made my intentions clearer. I have now edited the original post. :smiley:

2 Likes

Lmao dude I saw him do this in the vid and I was like whyyyyyyy

3 Likes

hahahaha same :laughing: I really though it was funny, but the joke went over some peopleā€™s head unfortunately.

I guess some noob with a mill could get some really bad ideas

2 Likes