šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Itā€™s like Bob Ross always says no such thing as mistakes, just happy little accidents :blush:

3 Likes

This is me testing on a flat straight road, not that impressive. I see some of my posts and is semis like bragging, Iā€™m really just excited to have people to share with who care, many of you would hand me my ass on a race course

4 Likes

2 more miles and you can really go for that lead thumb

1 Like

I would not feel right submitting it on a flat straight road. I am pretty sure I can post a 40 mph average speed for 20 miles. BUT I have great roads and an awesome builder who set my board up, I just ride it . So Iā€™m not sure it would be fair

4 Likes

Are these gears? Are they metal? Are they straight cut?

1 Like

They are metal helical gears, check out my build thread here for more information.

2 Likes

i feel like some non planar slicing would do wonders here

1 Like

Yep would be nice. I thought about knocking it down to 0.12 or even 0.08 layer height for a smoother side, but for what it is 0.2 was totally fine.

Any shot this setup will be at esk8 con?

1 Like

what material did you use? PETG?

It will be

1 Like

Considering building something like this for my OneWheel experiments. Iā€™d feel a lot more comfortable testing its limits traveling at 0 speed :sweat_smile:

Your dyno looks pretty damn solid; construction wise it looks like you could literally park a car on it!

3 Likes

Yep PETG

Thatā€™s a beautiful enclosure, whatā€™s the capacity with 4wd

2 Likes

Thank you! @tomiboi work! This is not final form itā€™s an early edition but I think itā€™s still a really good enclosure especially if building with 18650 cells

It will with 18s8p 4wd with 18650s easily
18s6p 4wd with 21700, but itā€™s a bit of a squeeze

My 4wd esk8con demo board will be 18s6p p45b

7 Likes

Gear that thing to 55mph, get a good rider and you can take that thing to first place if you are racing it, from watching race footage and stuff people riding V5s post they are at a huge disadvantage on 2wd, both during braking and how they try to exit corners, as long as that board can pull comparable lateral Gs you can get on the brakes way later and get on the gas way sooner and not fishtail all over the place as they do. It happened with IMSA in the 80s, when Audi brought Quattro to America (it was so powerful it got its hand tied behind its back and no amount of handicaps could stop it so it got banned), once someone figures out how to get power to all 4 wheels in a race trim board itā€™s over for 2wd. And before someone mentions the 15lbs (max) weight penalty, lay off the pizza and it wonā€™t be an issue.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m going to have to find a driver :smile: lord knows I am not taking any trophyā€™s :sob: I do have 2 race tickets! One for myself and another for whoever wants to race!!! You coming? :eyes::eyes:

6 Likes

Hopefully, I was just looking at how much flights and a hotel would cost earlier today and itā€™s not as bad as I thought so I think Iā€™ll be able to make it. Iā€™m looking forward to it, it will be my first time riding with other people or racing.

4 Likes

Letā€™s chat next time you stop by

3 Likes

Even now, 4wd vesc still canā€™t beat stooge

maybe Artā€™s new setup will have the ability but Iā€™m not convinced yet

2 Likes