šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Haha havenā€™t thought about cutting grip tape in there but it might be interesting to try. Not sure if Iā€™d just light it on fire by mistake :rofl: I used it to make my little Hercaleez name plaques and one for my doggo

1 Like

That is super kind of you to mention me - I really had fun on that project and writing it up.

Not this winter but probably next winter I am going to try to do a full suspension mountain board from scratch, so it will likely be just as long and mistake intensive as the Sand Runner was :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to it, just donā€™t let it burn this time^^

Iā€™ve thought about cutting grip, hopefully it would just be adjusting the settings. But Iā€™m too lazy to make it out to the workshop and have to get training.

Unfortunately this laser can only fit 32ā€x18ā€ material so it canā€™t cut a full sheet of grip anyways. Half sheets of the thicker foam tape would probably fit in though.

2 Likes

Fortunately though, itā€™s a laser, so it can cut two pieces that fit together very nicely :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Wow, thats a great offer!

Dude howā€™re you liking that wheel combo? I just bought the tires and probably will also throw them on Hubbas.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve been great, zero complaints

1 Like

@frame any chance you tried mounting these tires on BN GT3 or Hubba Hubs?

I assume the inner width is the same as the meepo cyclone at 49mm.

2 Likes

Itā€™s wider than meepo cyclone racing, and Iā€™m pretty sure they donā€™t stretch, them walls are stuff af

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™ll have to wait for @ShutterShock to take a tire off and measure the inner diameter. I really like those tires, but I want to run them on hubs that take bigger bearings. The 10x22 are fine but they donā€™t make me feel warm and fuzzy at high speed

2 Likes

the tire should be somewhere around 68mm wide, because when i mount them back on the tubeless wheel hub, slight compression is needed.

those tire can be used as normal tire with tube, which is kinda nice for dual purpose, but them be pricey af

i think tomiboi hub would be close to perfect fit for those tire

2 Likes

Probs will have a tire off next week, not sure. Need to get a spare

1 Like

Hell yeah. Hit me with those caliper measurements! Iā€™m thinking about throwing a set on pentagrams.

1 Like

Yeah i missed your gore posts so much.
More please hahahahha jk

And then I assume you weld those parts? I suppose if you sub that tube for a long threaded rod it could still work, but not as well for sure.

1 Like

Yeah the bolts can be moved to flip/adjust brackets. Build thread at odds end, using stainless pipe as asleeve for m8 bolt becuase i couldnt find appropriate unthreaded bolts.
Probably wont fix perminantly want to keep for projects.

1 Like

shoulder bolts

1 Like

Pricing is not feasible.

2 Likes