šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

I talked to Kamen and he was able to put together another trigger remote, so I have one coming my way soon as well. Really excited to try it. He has a smaller receiver module now (you probably got it with these I imagine?) I opted for the full bells ā€˜n whistles clear & black one so I can light it up and attract all the haters like a bug zapper

3 Likes

He is awesome, he is actually holding them in the picture, notice he put different buttons on them to tell them apart. I do like the light up feature for visibility. I wear a bio boards fire dry led back pack, but the extra lighting helps. I love the remote

1 Like

I actually was complementing him telling him how much my average speed had improved since I started using his remote and to be honest, Iā€™m pretty sure you thought I was lying or exaggerating, so I had to go through the whole process of you know providing documentation in a video to let him know I wasnā€™t talking out of my ass
I guess I should really stop bragging

1 Like

Hey I did the exact same thing! I think I went clear and white though. He actually sent me the same picture @Sk8tedad posted to show my options for colors, with enough lighting I hope to have an eclipse of moths follow me around as I ride.

2 Likes

Lol same, he sent me that pic along with the new top pattern he has been doing too. I opted for the normal hexagon but the new pattern is pretty cool too.

3 Likes

I would like to apologize again for breaking one of the legs of your tripod. I admire your commitment to continuing to use it.

4 Likes

Itā€™s like Bob Ross always says no such thing as mistakes, just happy little accidents :blush:

3 Likes

This is me testing on a flat straight road, not that impressive. I see some of my posts and is semis like bragging, Iā€™m really just excited to have people to share with who care, many of you would hand me my ass on a race course

4 Likes

2 more miles and you can really go for that lead thumb

1 Like

I would not feel right submitting it on a flat straight road. I am pretty sure I can post a 40 mph average speed for 20 miles. BUT I have great roads and an awesome builder who set my board up, I just ride it . So Iā€™m not sure it would be fair

4 Likes

Are these gears? Are they metal? Are they straight cut?

1 Like

They are metal helical gears, check out my build thread here for more information.

2 Likes

i feel like some non planar slicing would do wonders here

1 Like

Yep would be nice. I thought about knocking it down to 0.12 or even 0.08 layer height for a smoother side, but for what it is 0.2 was totally fine.

Any shot this setup will be at esk8 con?

1 Like

what material did you use? PETG?

It will be

1 Like

Considering building something like this for my OneWheel experiments. Iā€™d feel a lot more comfortable testing its limits traveling at 0 speed :sweat_smile:

Your dyno looks pretty damn solid; construction wise it looks like you could literally park a car on it!

3 Likes

Yep PETG

Thatā€™s a beautiful enclosure, whatā€™s the capacity with 4wd

2 Likes