🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Very interesting! The rubber over foam constructions sounds very similar to the Stooge Racing Wheels. How close are these to being released to the public?

1 Like

Maybe late this year or early next year. Still have to go through some more prototypes to get them right. Likely ditching the foam due to manufacturing difficulty

3 Likes

I can only imagine how tricky foam can be to work with. The weight savings must be epic.

Actually because the foam is so high density the weight saving is not as huge as you might think. The 65 x 125 wheel still weighs 600g. But the next 120 x 70 mm prototype will be lighter with no foam due to design, but we will see how the grip and ride quality go

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure,
first motor was while riding, 20mph or so, had thousands of miles on it, so I thought it was just me, over time breaking it

Second motor, was shortly after the first, i thought it was a bent sprocket from hitting a rock. So I put new pulleys and spacers on it.

Third motor was a few hundred miles later, I think the motor sprocket shifted, adding tension to the chain, I was going 5mph turning off of a hard pack gravel trail on to paved when it broke, I heard a difference in chain sound right before it happened

1 Like

You should honestly be ashamed butchering a beautiful pair of trucks and a deck like that.

Yeah I’m going to need the files for this pronto.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to adjust the opening for the hex plate, i fucked it up slightly. I will adjust and post in the 3d files thread

It works really well. I have another roll of solder above for feeding solder onto stuff, i use the little bit out of the octopus just for tinning the iron. I love it

Edit: also wanna make some big holes in the walls just to save on filament, its a bit overkill as it is.

2 Likes

Did you try turning it off and then on again?

5 Likes

@glyphiks effff what happened?

1 Like

#justflipskythings

2 Likes

Put it in rice, that should absorb all the char, good as new in a day

4 Likes

lol nothings butchered. Just a mock-up. Not meant to be ridden.

1 Like

The used/in-pieces Nazare I bought had the corner melted off of the base of the Unity due to the P.O. accidentally touching it to one of the hot screws securing the main fuse on the sentinel board. Aside from vaporizing some Aluminum and a chunk of the head of the screw, no damage was done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting ready to Esk8 on the moon and mars?

2 Likes

when i find out how to put rocket propellers on my board yes

1 Like

I recently sprayed flexseal in my tires bc I’m tired on cactus needle flats.

3 Likes

Is it flexible though? I thought that it hardens out therefore reducing the flexibility of the tire?

1 Like

Flexseal :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Lol i understand. I googled it instanly but based on the user revieuws it cracked easily and as a wheel has another characteristics than a roof and other materials i read so far …i was curious before ordering

1 Like