🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Dream drivetrain right there

1 Like

That deck is tipped only 20° but I’m interested in seeing how it goes

1 Like

Wow, new land surf tires ?

I think Linny bought them from someone else that had extra, maybe ufoskada or something

3 Likes

:alien: Yeah buddy! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Lol, yeah I’m on the hunt for 1-3/4 to 2 inch torx screws

You can already see the bottom left one starting to strip

Phillips screws: disappointing craftsmen & tradesmen since 1932

3 Likes

FTFY

1 Like

Not disappointing the Phillips Screw Company :rofl:

Everyone else though

1 Like

Everyone: Hey! This screw is terrible! Great! Let’s use it everywhere!

1 Like

huh that’s odd, it seems that 10-32 torx flat head machine screws over 1in just don’t really exist in the wild. 10min of internet searching didn’t get anything…

now im totally biased, but i think this could be a potential solution:

+

1 Like

lol very true. i guess “everyone without financial incentive” would be more accurate

1 Like

I feel like it makes sense from a manufacturing perspective, it’s a cheap screw that will automatically cam out when done, used for products that aren’t designed to be disassembled so who cares if it strips. It just needs to hold things together.

Socket heads are the best.

1 Like

yeah, one thing ive heard a lot (though i dont know if it is true or not) is that the screws were designed to be sort of automatically torque limmiting, which would be helpful on low tech assembly lines.

This makes me cringe. Might as well stamp Future Motion on those unrepairable products LOL

Definitely makes sense in something like a deck screw where you’d want it to cam out rather break your wrist if you did something stupid.

When’s the last time you had to repair a Happy Meal toy or alarm clock? They’re nearly disposable and would cost more to repair than to buy a new one, so why bother spending extra on screws designed to be taken apart repeatedly when it will never be taken apart?

1 Like

Oooh is this the torx plus head style, let me take a look

1 Like