🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

@Shadowfax yoooo that looks dooooope! Let’s see how they ride!!!

2 Likes

I think a large point of failure in the model is the fact that it wasn’t idiot proofed against similar but wrong tool usage.

You can’t really use the wrong sized hex key to strip a bolt. Too small and it doesn’t engage, too big and it doesn’t fit. Poka-yoke at its finest.

You can stick almost every single wrong sized Phillips bit in a screw and think, “this fits yeah?”

3 Likes

I do agree with you, but it also has another serious flaw.

You need to keep constant force applied pushing the driver and screw together or it doesn’t work. Other bits like hex or torx or square or external hex, you do need to keep the tool from falling out, but mostly the force applied is all in the angular direction. On Phillips, you have to apply angular force AND axial force, or it doesn’t work.

4 Likes

Smooth :joy:

1 Like

Yeah pretty stoked on how they look on the pentagrams. It will be a couple weeks before I get to ride them, since I still have M1-AT drives on the way.

1 Like

how do u determine if it supposed to be in certain size bit? wiggle room? i usually just find a bit that just big enough so there is no give when i try to wiggle the screw driver

4 Likes

Yeah that’s the official method

6 Likes

Maybe I’m just especially at it bad, but I feel like I have way more trouble telling if it’s too small than too big so I start larger and work my way down.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I think those are just as wide as the xl40 hellcats it ride a lil rougher but feel good

2 Likes

The black/silver motif here is glorious.

4 Likes

Don’t pretend like you’ve got kids, bro. We understand.

6 Likes

mbs pattern isn’t it?

It wil fit the mbs pattern yes but not smootly . You need to sand the bolts a little bit

4 Likes

as long as it fits, then sanding isn’t really a big deal

1 Like

They are absurdly wide, but I like it - about 61mm inner width. How wide are the Kaly Xls?

come to Chicago I2S

That looks a lot like that strange Ace or Apex or whatever it was and their copycat Hypertrucks.

1 Like

Lol ya it’s the Acedeck trucks on their new board

1 Like

Custom handmade by …myself
full composite (no wood)
designed to beat everything
100x26.5cm
Layup designed for extra strong pop , torsionall stiffness only under the feet
better handling on road and “only 2.2kg” weight “only” because this is prototype before final product that should be around 1.8-1.9kg depend of the protection layer thickness , more expensive ones should be around 1.6kg

in the way deck with integrated trucks top + ultra lightweight trucks + lightweight wheels (no budget …coming who knows when …after prices go down XD )

8 Likes