šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Oh dude, i totally missed that.
Hope you re healed up right now.
And I have to second what @frame said. STOP HURTING YOURSELF!

4 Likes

Lol funny. I thought you mean the deck, too. I bet 99,9 % of all inmates here thought that :people_hugging:

1 Like

Haha cheers dude, all good. Healed quick from that one

2 Likes

Herr @nowind, I have the Museum Ludwig on the line. They want you to name your price.

4 Likes

Shamelessā€¦ but well executed! :laughing:

I personally prefer the decals not to be vertically opposed like they are especially on the Rothmans, but I love the designs in general. Nice work!

2 Likes

Thank you! I was going to aknowledge your awesome work in a specific thread. Homage to the Heritage is an obvious inspiration for this, with the only difference being that this is specific to rally. This was just a design exercise to try to replicate the liveries of all the WRC winners since 1977 ā€“ this is why some decals are vertically opposed as they are like that in the rally cars. This was also an excuse to learn Blender to create these renders which are still very rough.

Iā€™m planning to create a thread soon with all the liveries I have so far (1977-1990) and Iā€™ll give a big shout-out to you and your past work. I donā€™t plan to do anything close to what you did. Using Splattergoat to print one of the liveries will be the closest thing to becoming reality.

3 Likes

Dude, donā€™t be silly. I love it. Go ahead, make them and make them as amazing as possible. Sell boards, sell the skins, make yourself rich. Itā€™s cool. Create what you love. All creativity is borrowed, after all :wink:

Full disclosure though, Iā€™m already commissioned to do an Audi S1E2 but at this rate, itā€™s still a ways off :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Super awesome

4 Likes

i donā€™t knowā€¦ I see a lot of space between those motorsā€¦

5 Likes

I know. I know. But I couldnā€™t find anyone selling 68.5mm shoulder bolts to take up the slack and get them closer. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

welp.
let me go ahead and shut upā€¦

your is narrowerā€¦

and I am not following about the shoulder boltsā€¦
what do you mean by the slack?

5 Likes

Thereā€™s 4mm between motors. Iā€™m using 70mm shoulder bolts for the axles. Was just joking I could have gotten it down to 1mm between motors if I could find slightly shorter axles/shoulder bolts.

Your build was the inspiration to try and get it below 250mm

2 Likes

I think the question is why do you need shorter shoulder bolts to do that? Could you just add some 1mm washers on the shoulder bolts before installation?

2 Likes

Yea, I had actually thought about throwing 1.5mm of washers on each side but then my brain kind of said, ā€œreally dude? Whatā€™s that 3mm gonna get you?ā€ So I left it at 245mm total width

3 Likes

Are we going narrower ftw?!

Lol Maybe Iā€™m not doing this right.

1 Like

Its like cell phones. Everyone keeps going bigger and bigger, and I keep bitching about wanting smaller. All the while old age has shot my eye sight so I canā€™t see shit on a small screen anyway :rofl:

I really just wanted a light weight board for shopping runs. My others builds start at 25lbs and go up above 35lbs (imperial weights for @b264ā€™s sake)

4 Likes

His other builds start at 11kg and go up above 16kg

6 Likes

I know what you mean, I appreciate a small powerful phone. No wonder thatā€™s how I like my boards.

35lbs is kinda hefty. Carrying my 20lbs short board still doesnā€™t feel light weight at all compared to rolling my 30lbs board.

3 Likes

I donā€™t care what the end result will be or what this is for.

Itā€™s sexy. Itā€™s sleek. I need it under my feet.

1 Like

You are not supposed to write any text in that thread, thatā€™s why your post got flagged :wink: A few words edited onto the picture itself is acceptable though

6 Likes