šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Removing? I would just cut them off again :pray:

if youā€™re willing to cut them and re-solder any time you do work on the board, thatā€™s your decision.

personally, I donā€™t like the idea of adding a whole soldering kit to my ride toolkit. itā€™s extra and shouldnā€™t be needed.

if you have any concerns about maintenance whatsoever, permanent connections arenā€™t a good idea. you want as much to be able to be manipulated without tools as possible.

my ride toolkit for a thane board is literally just a bike multitool and a skate tool because all I need are a couple sizes of hex and a couple sockets to dismantle the entire board. this way I can open things up, unplug things, swap connectors and whatever all without needing a soldering kit or multimeter.

plus, if you end up needing to do a lot of electrical maintenance youā€™ll spend more in solder than a high end set of plugs would ever cost.

Lol.
My goal is build and forget.

Thatā€™s also my goal, reliability is design goal #1. So the things I suggest are ALWAYS going to be with that in mind.

2 Likes

Generally my build goals in order of importance:

1. Reliability
  2. Repairability/Upgrade-ability
  3. Durability

@ShutterShock just curious, why a 3D printed enclosure for the Maker X? I have the DV6 pro and am almost done with my enclosure. Does protecting it within the enclosure offer some value?

The thing u see there is just a Stormcore 3D printed for comparison of size, and mounting in the real enclosure that Iā€™m designing / working on

2 Likes

I used 5mm bullets with 3:1 heat shrink with glue inside on each phase wire. Pretty bombproof, nothing to wrong, and also not a huge pain in the ass if I need to disconnect a motor for some reason.

You gonna bother twisting the longer output wires?

Iā€™d imagine itā€™s inconsequential.

1 Like

Nah i donā€™t twist them. I just tape them side by side against the pack

3 Likes

Do you need a parts to fix those trucks? I have an extra mid bushing part and unbent axles.

I got the package by the way, thanks :+1:

1 Like

What deck is that?

I MISS IT SO MUCH FUCK

5 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Nah dude, this shit keeps happening, these trucks are retired. Cheers tho :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Probably @Adstars deck project.

Yo Adstars - will we see a custom bottom mount enclosure soon? Deck looks great btw

1 Like

@Nacho

Yes, itā€™s our cruiser deck, just showing the placement for the inserts, (worse job in DIY building in my opinion is inserting the inserts).

@Shadowfax the enclosures are in production now, will be taking pre-orders shortly

14 Likes

Wowwwwzaaaa

1 Like

190-200 incoming. Pivot pin and bushing seats the same as the 250ā€™s, but slightly thinner arms

4 Likes

What trucks are you running?

1 Like