šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

I might think of it as I reach for the snips but Iā€™ll forget about it when I just drop in a new part.

Iā€™m all for serviceability, but not down to every minute component. some things are more sensible to replace than to try to ā€œfixā€. IMO plugs fall in that designation.

At least they didnā€™t destroy anything panel mounted when they disengaged!

1 Like

True, But Al does

2 Likes

All of this sounds like as coming from somebody who has never needed to remove siliconed in components. And thatā€™s fine. But you will remember this day the first time that you do need to remove siliconed in components.

oh I have. I used to work on movie lighting, some light bars from Avatar 2 were left underwater by James Cameron for like 8 months and we had to dig out all the silicone and rebuild the panels. took 2-3 days per panel.

itā€™s a lot of work, sure. but if you keep silicone to discrete components itā€™s much easier to cut it away and just replace what broke instead of having to dismantle multiple aspects to get at what you need.

1 Like

Unless Iā€™m building an emtb, I build for splash proof not water proof. If I had to ride to work everyday maybe itā€™d be different, but I canā€™t carry a truck load of tools and donā€™t enjoy riding in the rain.

My splash proof did survive some pretty wet early spring riding with @poastoast , so thats good enough for me.

2 Likes

Still surprised u didnā€™t fall off the board, I would have shite my pants and roll few metres on the ground

He is the special kind

2 Likes

Thats one form of automatic ejection

2 Likes

this is an important point on the side of complete waterproofing. some of us use an esk8 as a primary vehicle. bad or lack of waterproofing has cost me 2 VESCs, a remote receiver, 2 antispark switches and one remote battery.

1 Like

Different strokes for different folks. Its easier to just not ride in the wet. /unpopularopinion

1 Like

This was 400mm Body, 20mm thick, new one is 30mm

1 Like

In raw condition 600ā‚¬ pair for export

from moon light obviously. :smiley:

idk how they got those shots at maryhill that whole album looks surreal/shopped.

2 Likes

I think I see what is going on. The front of some of the helmets show a lighting reflection, fill flash maybe. Definitely a weird look to a lot of the shots.

4 Likes

thatā€™s it Iā€™m going back to thanes. pneumies are nice and all, but thanesā€¦

1 Like

At least 400a per side!

1 Like

I drill out the holes juuuuust large enough to get the vesc side mr60 fitted onto the enclosure. Similarly, run all sensors into a single slightly oversized hole. Small bit of hot glue for temporary hold. Then a bit of epoxy on each side for a more serious hold(only on the outside for the sensors so I can pop it out to change drivetrains). Probably never disassembling one of my electric sleds without it being a repair again. No reason. Once the esc and battery are set in it, it makes sense to leave them there, but Iā€™d rather be able to easily swap drives around.

Oh and I add a teeny tiny drop of e6000 to each side wall when I connect the mr60ā€™s. Some people zip tie those but that doesnā€™t work for my route.
@ShutterShock damn son you can print blue copper???

1 Like

I will skip all phase plugs next tlme and just slap em togerher with solder.
Will also follow @glyphiks advice and run them fuckers tight underneath the lid of ma enclosure.
Should fix my last light headaches

This has been, for me, very bad for maintenance.

2 Likes

What happened?