šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Not too bad, thanks for the info. And yeah their shipping is crazy fast :ok_hand:

1 Like

When I ordered mine, I asked for local pick up and a factory tour. Then when they said it was ready I drove the family to Prague and my sons and I had blast with the tour.

6 Likes

Link to that switch?

1 Like

its from taobao, so im not sure how u would get it, but here is the link:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.19.5fb144f7LprRQ7&id=591134345643&ns=1&abbucket=20#detail

sorry, not sure where is the english language button, it wonā€™t even let me change location

4 Likes

did you choose the ā€œtwo gearsā€ sku? Iā€™ll try to find something similar on a website I know. Never heard of taobao

i think u meant position (or whatever the actual name for it). mine has two positions only, ON and OFF, and it is a momentary switch, flick to ON position wonā€™t keep the same position, and key can be unplug once back to starting position.

There are other types which has more position, be it momentary or latching, but they are for other application. I might test out a latching version for my anti spark when I do a next batch order from taobao, but i donā€™t know yet, im lazy af

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks! I wonder how far we can go in the realm of esk8 security :thinking:

1 Like

LLT smart bms has a simple lock function in the app. You lock, it cuts all power in or out
Discharge wired bms only

2 Likes

I think this only works if you are setup to use it as a discharge BMS tho

2 Likes

@ShutterShock fixed my previous post.

Itā€™s a good idea though, just when I bought mine I didnā€™t want it to be limited by the BMS for one, and the higher discharge ones are expensive haha

1 Like

@ShutterShock yeah. I just use the function to ā€œunplugā€ my charger when Iā€™m too lazy to do it physically or busy doing something

that switch that i used for power switch, another latching for anti spark, llt bms, GPS tracker with geofence alert, and finally a special designed loopkey portā€¦thats about it that i can think of

2 Likes

can you share a pic of your internals? Would like to see how all of that is laid out.

1 Like

I do not have any security features installed, except the key switch that I showed earlier, and it was just an idea test for lolz.
Personally, I donā€™t think I will ever need those (except loopkey for safety reason). YMMV, but more component = more failure pointā€¦

Edit: just curious, how often do u leave ur board out of sight? I never let mine out my sight unless im back home

2 Likes

Walmart Edition

2 Likes

4 Likes

@mmaner so true we donā€™t heal like I used toā€¦

1 Like

They got the idea fromā€¦
images - 2020-08-07T063329.911
Riding fast holding a huge stick what could go wrongā€¦

2 Likes