🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

You should sell your car(s)

2 Likes

Wait, did you put glass frit on top of an existing grip-tape? That looks so good! :heart_eyes: Is that real carbon fiber on the sides? I’m guessing you first applied that, and then hid the edges under the griptape?

Never.

8 Likes

Nice Car

3 Likes

This photo is a couple of years old :joy: the sticker is still there tho. I’ve sold 2 battery upgrades cos of that sticker :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I have 3 evolves so I can’t throw rocks. 1 of them stock.

1 Like

I only ever owned the one. I tore it to pieces and completely transformed it, and then got rid of it cos i still didnt like it :joy:

2 Likes

2 of them I bought for parts 3rd was a gift for wifey, only paid 600 for it new.

2 Likes

To be fair… if I was to acquire a carbon gtr deck at zero cost… i’d probably build it out. But those dkp trucks can go fuck themselves.

1 Like

Although i think it would be interesting to try dkp front truck with rkp rear.

1 Like

Yep DKP is a prick at 50km/h + I have my DD dialed in but it’s still unstable at top speed

2 Likes

Don’t be fooled … I’m that guy from @vintage_boards_nl

:crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The DCDC converter is a timely topic for me.I am thinking of using a DCDC converter for USB charging. However, this DCDC converter has standby power and gradually consumes the battery.
As a measure I think, I am considering BMS with a switch, XT90S anti-spark, etc.
Do you know how to cut standby power when not using DCDC converter?

4 Likes

I didn’t look into this as mine will be only connected if needed.
If I would use it in an enclosure I would probably just use a flip switch or something similar on the wires from battery to the dcdc converter. Depending on how clean you want to have it a loopkey or just xt30 connector might do the job for you too.
If you use only 5v usb charge as load than there shouldn’t run much current through the switch anyway.
Let’s say 5Vx2A=10W
Ok, lets take even 20W as load, means 20W/50V= 0,4A from the battery to the converter.

2 Likes

I’m assuming a maximum of 70W, so it will be 1.4A at 70W/50V based on your calculations.
I will consider a suitable switch. Thank you very much!

that watermelon though

2 Likes

Sold mine to fund parts for my 1st DIY.

I sold mine to fund my Xth DIY :sweat_smile: fuck, I’ve lost count.

1 Like

Simply put a switch on the line between the DC converter and it’s power source. I used an automotive switch for extra swag

6 Likes

And maybe a fuse if shit goes wrong somewhere in the lightning circuit? :thinking:

1 Like