🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

No, accuracy and precision are different

6 Likes

im just a raccoon, man, idk.

Accuracy vs. Precision

4 Likes

That’s a kinda shitty example, though. No one shoots with low accuracy and high precision. If you shoot with such precision, your shots will quickly find their way to the accurate spot, and remain there. And the high accuracy, low precision target is ok grouping, but not perfect. In that example, accuracy and precision ARE effectively the same, as they are when you’re using them to describe communication.

IDC though. Imma go get some beer and then drink it.

Well, if you’re settling up a machine that does something repeatedly but backwards for example. Accuracy and precision don’t just apply to humans and it’s a good distinction to have

2 Likes

Imma go get some beer to drink. Accurate.
Imma go get some beer, and then I’m going drink it. Precise.
I know they mean different things. Accurate.
I know they mean different things, but when you’re talking about certain things, like communication, or shooting, they really don’t. Precise.

2 Likes

Ah, ok. So you mean there’s a difference between the definitions in the engineering and vernacular senses. Valid.

2 Likes

Wrong, it’s actually a great example

6 Likes

That statement is accurate but you’ll have to he more precise about what you mean

3 Likes

Is that… …is it a skate caltrop?

4 Likes

im pretty sure it has 3 wheels on the ground, though, so its rideable.

3 Likes

Scatter them across a hallway to immobilize mall cops

3 Likes

how do you even assemble such a contraption? and, can you kickflip it?

No, the skate caltrop kickflips you

2 Likes

I suppose had he written “48V” which is 100% ebike nonsense you would have won the argument. But 43.2V is the actual nominal voltage of the pack, so it does make some sense.

@Simeon should definitely add max voltage to the label as well going forward, since that’s what esk8ers care most about and determines what charger and ESC to use.

4 Likes

Why is the presumably active side terminated with a male connector? Seems like random conductive stuff could make an unwanted connection…

1 Like

In this case it would just turn the board on, as both terminals are the positive for the loopkey.

The xt90m connector pictured also only comes in a male version, same for the xt90s which only comes in a female variant.

5 Likes

You’re really tickling my funny bone this morning

1 Like

There is “dangerous and stupid” and “much safer”. So folks can use whatever they want.

1 Like