🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

This is on the trash compacter at my job, it’s my favorite warning sign I’ve ever seen
machine-hazard-signs---industrial-y4399913-42820-l11482-lg
But ex warning is definitely giving it a run for it’s money, I wish I had listened to the warnings about most of my exes.

4 Likes

@glyphiks tell me more about it.

This is just a cable passthrough?

And here the cable goes through the lid of the box with a xt90 at the end, covered and held down by the bracket for a low profile loop key?

3 Likes

Yep but it pushes the cables downwards so the hole in the box is up high, while the cables exit low. Water would need to defy gravity to get up and in. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Yep. Both of these parts use an EVA foam gasket, and the loop key part in the lid is fully glued up on the inside to (hopefully) prevent any water ingress

9 Likes

Ah very neat.

I much prefer your way of mounting the stuff, compared to how i have it with the xt90m connectors.

Way to bulky on the inside and the xt90s has a big gap when it is plugged in.

Are you willing to share the files or are they fullsend company property?

1 Like

I’m a corporate whore now Marcel :kissing_heart:

One thing that I have really grown to dislike is panel mounting connectors like you have shown there. For me, the fuckers just always work loose. This can be mitigated with extra ‘stuff’ to hold them together, but then shit gets bulky.

When they’re out on the wire, they seem to just hold together like they’re supposed to :sweat_smile:

I can share the files, thats not a problem :grin: remembering to do so in the morning may prove to be a much more difficult task :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

My chemistry teacher had an awesome sense of humor.

9 Likes

Using this phrase demonstrates a lack of understanding of what both of these words mean.

A rating is an operating limit of a device measured in characteristics such as voltage.

Nominal means “in name” or “existing as something in name only; not actual or real”.

“36V” is a fucking name. A name just like George is a name. It has little to with the voltage the equipment will be operating at.

“36V nominal” means that three-six-V is a name — it’s not a number nor is it a measured voltage. They could have just as easily named it Demetrius or Gary36.

Likewise, something named “36V” cannot be rated at 36V or it simply won’t work if it’s actually operating at 42 volts.

This is ebike jive in a nutshell. I suggest using actual voltages, the kg⋅m2⋅s−3⋅A−1 kind of voltage, and not names, when engineering electric vehicles.

1 Like

jennifer-lawrence-j-law

8 Likes

Know thy audience :wink:

I think that was the fifth rule of fight club, but also a golden rule of the sciences

3 Likes

:joy:

9 Likes

I prefer three six downhill or three six mafia.
This whole argument is stupid. It’s a 12s pack. It has the voltage of a 12s pack. That’s kai jive.

4 Likes

6 Likes

A wild sweet summer child walks in, lacking anything intelligent to say, like

1 Like

In the context of electrical engineering, nominal voltage is absolutely a valid & useful value to determine and used to specify a class of working voltage. It’s always been a shorthand value, and not intended to eclipse specifically defined maximums.

The nominal voltage of a system or circuit is the value assigned to a system or circuit of a given voltage class for the purpose of convenient designation . The actual voltage may vary above or below this value.

It’s transparent in it’s intention as a convenient estimation, but the actual value used isn’t “just a name”.

Funny, because as someone who works in the field, I found your lengthy ‘explanation’ to show a lack of understanding on the topic. Cheers.

Further reading.

10 Likes

Inb4
batman-vs-robot (1)

1 Like

d9q75iv

1 Like

I appreciate the Yesman insight, if it wasn’t for the article he linked saying the same thing I said above. He literally linked a source that explains why I was correct.

Starting to realize you should be wearing a helmet at all times.

229a312cf0ed8d7adf9082f1c318450d

1 Like

Personal insults, we need more personal insults!

1 Like