šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

heat and I use an impact driver and get rid of all fukking phillips head screws

7 Likes

oh thatā€™s a good idea but the head is scrapped I think Iā€™ll have to leave the battle harden

1 Like

This is really weird looking. Was this the first ride?

I canā€™t imagine how that motor is that clean after being taken out of service. All the crevices and cracks should be filled with gunkā€¦

the bearing shield looks clean enough to eat off of

2 Likes

Somehow not even that worked for me. The only thing producing heat was my soldering iron, after 10 minutes it still was cold.

Thatā€™s some dirty talking there dude.

2 Likes

I use a Hot-Air station, buy a small butane torch or a cigar lighter would workā€¦ and a fucking brand new quality phillips-fucking-head bitā€¦ if you attempt it with a used or the incorrect sized screw driver, failure will be your nameā€¦

4 Likes

I have an idea, maybe it is a bit stupid but maybe it could work, put two-part plastic and press with the disassembly e and let it cure to try to redo the screw head

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the wrong tool, I use a butane torch for the job.

Thats the only thing i had ^^

1 Like

Thermal transfer from a tiny contact area is hopeless, Iā€™m just pointing out it wonā€™t work. Heck, you canā€™t even transfer heat reliably into anything with a soldering iron unless you have a good thermal interface, like solder, on the tip.

2 Likes

Makes sense. The other thing i have is one of those jet lighters. might have to buy a torch then

1 Like

Thatā€™s just a tiny butane torch. Itā€™ll serve you well.

4 Likes

:arrow_up:

:point_right:t4: :doughnut: :point_left:t4:

2 Likes

Clearly he didnā€™t know he already had one.

2 Likes

The minimun size of a butane torch for me is this, everything else is a lighter

and i truly had no idea what what a cigar lighter looks like, since i never saw one get lit up with anything else than a match. So yeahā€¦i didnā€™t know.

3 Likes

thereā€™s a lot you can fixerate and fukk-up with that torch!

approved

3 Likes

No iā€™ve been using them with no problems for about a month now.
Itā€™s all clean because I wiped the motor when I removed it from the board haha.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I thought. I expected it to shear where the pulley ended but instead it was near enough halfway through the slot in the motor mount. It was dark so couldnā€™t quite tell what it was and iā€™m having a hard time working out how it got there in the first place. My truck hangers or wheel pulley shouldā€™ve gotten in the way before the motor pulley should it have just been run over. It must have pinged from the front wheel but I didnā€™t feel anything and it wouldā€™ve shot at the perfect trajectory to hit it in the first placeā€¦

Maybe someone decided my fun was up and deleted it from the board. it was nowhere to be foundā€¦

1 Like

seems definitely weirdā€¦

on your other motor can you post up what the pulley-motor shaft set-up looks like?

2 Likes