2 Likes

EcowMoobl

3 Likes

Iā€™m ahead of my time mate šŸ¤·

4 Likes

Soooā€¦ whoā€™s going to buy them?

What are we looking at here, 20s8p for an ebike? :eyes:

1 Like

Not until theyve seen some streets. I heard enough horror stories about the original cloudwheels.
These do look far better though, imo. Aesthetically, because cloud wheels are ugly af, but also functionally.

Yep this 20s8p p42a pack is replacing the 20s8p ā€œteslaā€ pack in my bike currently. Basically Iā€™m swapping my old Mario set up to my Z1 project (that I just got back from powder coat):

Then the mario it gunna be set up to push up to 16.4kw if Idecide to max it out :nerd_face: Iā€™m only pushing a little over 6kw right now on a topped up pack so this should be an interesting change of pace.

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s super unfortunate because I absolutely love tesla but I donā€™t support their work practices

Their stuff is soo cool but I got disappointed once I started actually looking into it

Iā€™m happy with the work culture at my current workplace

2 Likes

Tesla does require mandatory overtime but I used to work at NUMMI and the hourly pay was more but the compensation was less because of stock options. I know Tesla employees who are millionaires because of stock options and these are regular line workers who are still working. Iā€™m guessing the offer was a lower than expected hourly rate with stock options as compensation. If you believe in the company and believe past trends will hold than itā€™ll be worth it in the long run.

Dont you need a significant larger motor for that?

Iā€™m going from a ā€œ3kwā€ qs205 knock off to a ā€œ5kwā€ qs205 knock off and adding ferro fluid plus ā€œhub sinkā€ cooling fins to accommodate the increase in power.

I know of a few guys whoā€™ve successfully run the 150a version of the controller Iā€™ll be running without any of that cool stuff for the motor. My controller will be able to do 200a, should be fiiiiiiine

Looking good whatā€™s the plan for the battery and trucks/motors?
Where is the pink :sunglasses: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Battery is an mboards 10s3p at the momentā€¦ Barely fits in this enclosure due to being a stiff pack, had to use some pretty thick foam weatherproofing. Working fine at the moment but the TB40 deck being curved I would eventually like to get a flexible pack. I think Iā€™m gonna try and match my last deck and try to paint the edges of the deck pink on this one.

Trucks are BN 270 with their idler mounts using pink riptide 87.5a bushings that I bought basically every type of to try and figure out what I like. Also running evolve 6"wheels with 47t pulleys.

Motors are mboards 6374 180kv as well but soon to be replaced as I just picked up some flipsky bh 6368 190kv cuz they were only $50. Iā€™m also using pink cable sleeving for the phase wires.

I really gotta make a build thread at some point going over all the changes I made from my initial setup haha. So far Iā€™ve been through 2 sets of wheels, 3 trucks, a deck, and an enclosure trying to get this thing to a state that Iā€™m actually happy with. As you all can tell I absolutely didnā€™t do enough research when buying parts initially. Also greatly overestimated how good the roads are around meā€¦

5 Likes

Lol :laughing: I totally hear you I have like every esk8 rkp setup
And then I got into channel trucks :exploding_head:
You can never have too many esk8 parts :rofl:

2 Likes

@DeadLightning I know you can sand the black off the edges and maybe have some fun with :star_struck:

https://www.dickblick.com/items/uni-posca-paint-marker-fluorescent-pink-broad-chisel-tip-8-mm/

1 Like

Might give that a shot, was probably just gonna mask it off and spray paint it.

1 Like

inspiration for you

7 Likes

Oooo they arrived alright!

2 Likes

Love this shit.

1 Like

@DerelictRobot @SeanHacker :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes