🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

The metal’s ability to emit IR won’t be affected by the electrical conductivity of the paint. Just any plain flat black paint will get you to within a percent or two of any specialized coating.

Look up “emissivity”. It’s the ability to emit IR. Metal has a low emissivity and so it’s crappy at getting rid of heat via radiating it. But metal has verrrry high thermal conductivity and can easily pass heat to something else that is well bonded to it (low thermal resistance between them).

If you paint metal then that great thermal conductivity passes heat into the paint. Since the flat black paint has very high emissivity it can then emit some heat away as IR radiation.

Whether this is just a tiny part of all the heat or much more depends on the particular setup. Some setups can benefit from increasing the emissivity of the heat sink. For other setups that will essentially do nothing.

2 Likes

I have 2 evolve GTR decks that both broke in that exact spot. Front snapped right off.

1 Like

This is my fear with my Demonseed and Nemesis decks. It would suck to eat shit going +35mph just to get up and see your deck is also tattered

1 Like

I used a few Rayne decks when I rode acoustic, they are much higher quality than the boat-wood evolve uses

2 Likes

I agree and is the main reason why I love Rayne decks. Fiberglass/composite construction is an absolute requirement.

For me atleast.

IMHO the biggest problems with the Demonseed deck are wheelbite, and the 44" variant no longer being produced. They seem to be built extremely well.

1 Like

Risers and long hangers are a must with the Demonseed. My nemesis with BN220 on 1/2" soft risers wouldn’t bite on 120mm discovery CW. It was close with 6" pneumatics but never got it to bite. The Demonseed with 220’s on 12mm soft risers won’t bite CW but will on 6". I have some 270’s on the way and dost suspect any bite with those

I’m still riding dirty because Portland has no cops. :joy:

14 Likes

So you now you need insurance? I’m still hoping I can claim it’s a moped when I get pulled over.

1 Like

Yeah got a quote for $200 a year, not bad

4 Likes

California?

Ya that’s not bad.

Connecticut. No registration for mopeds or less than 50cc. It’s zero cc so I’m good right?

3 Likes

The cylinder displacement is definitely zero cubic centimeters.

1 Like

lemme see yhat esc box design @Pedrodemio :eyes::pleading_face:

1 Like

The one with heatsink?

A dc/dc CC/CV booster to up the 6S battery to 10S

3 Likes

oh there’s more than one!

(I was referencing the one in the background :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Take a look on the build thread

3 Likes

Duuuude are you sure you’re still alive right now?

What happened?

9 Likes

Sent 'er a lil to hard bud :joy:

At least it was the tail end, rip the phase wires though

5 Likes