šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I made the deck for the build as well designing the graphic and embossing it on the enclosure so it literally looks like itā€™s popping out, yea I got a good mounting position for all the electronics inside, just need to use Velcro and some foam. Before that I wanna get everything primed and programmed to the correct settings, got an app for my BMS but got no clue how to put the values lmao

Hereā€™s the enclosure

Designed it on my iPad first, printed out with vinyl then after just painted it

2 Likes

Hopefully someone can help you set up the BMS appā€¦
That deck looks sweet man, donā€™t see many pintails as esk8s! Pretty unique. Also looks fun as hell to ride that light little thing

1 Like

I love pintails, been skating for about 10 years now, this was a whole new challenge lmao, had to learn everything from soldering, a lot of research. Just being at this spot of almost completing it is surreal, I made a thread about the app so hopefully Iā€™ll get helped with it, just need to come up with a bad ass name for it

Bottom mounted battery > middle of deck. Looks clean.

2 Likes

Form and function I suppose :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

those little solder pool hot plate things donā€™t cost that much do they?

3 Likes

cheap af

2 Likes

Best 16 bucks ever

3 Likes

Yeah i have one of them, but i didnā€™t have any luck with it.

I have some no-clean flux on the way, so maybe iā€™ll revisit the pot.

1 Like

I donā€™t think veneer is enough to stiffen up a board. You need to use carbon fiber I think for that.

Edit: nevermind, I see you have a thread and people are already recommending solutions

1 Like

A stop to check out the Harlem Meer? :grin:

1 Like

If you just type the paragraphs of your threads words over your photos and post them in the pictures and nothing else thread is that really following the spirit of the thread?

5 Likes

Dude you have a amazing :eye: love your pics :star_struck:

6 Likes

Thanks! Canā€™t take all the credit, this scene really did just make itself.

shot on Pixel 5

4 Likes

You gotta get a real camera; the image quality is clearly whatā€™s limiting you at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

camera on the pixel is arguebly the best camera out thereā€¦well, unless pixel 6/pro hits the market :joy:

5 Likes

*best phone camera

8 Likes

i ainā€™t carrying a sheet film camera with tripod with me :joy: a phone will have to do

1 Like

What is film? Is that like what you wrap half-eaten food with?

4 Likes

its the thing that comes with my midnight mcdonald soggy burger

2 Likes