🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Yeah even my high temp gorilla hot glue isn’t as strong

What’s your favorite glue gun? I know there are a ton of options out there

Hell, gluegun.com is a thing

1 Like

3M Quadrack 5/8" glue gun. 150w of hotness

1 Like

I had a favorite but it recently stopped being as powerful. So now im looking for a replacement haha

I’m still using this black one from Sears - it’s technically my parents but I took it from them lol so I need to buy one for myself and give it back

It’s ancient but it works really well

I’ll look it up!

Edit: HAH right :rofl: $280? I guess I’ll live in peasant land for now. I’m looking for $50>

1 Like

I’m thinking of picking this one up

2 Likes

I thought you wanted quality :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let’s not talk about the fact it’s 250$ for a box of glue stick for that gun :rofl:

Whenever you see amber glue on our stuff, admire the dollar signs :laughing:

2 Likes

So I’m lazy and don’t feel like searching.

Here’s an update to my recent bullbar adventure

Had fun cloning Trampa

Printed it out

Success. First proto worked

Now…I wanted it to actually be functional. What better way than to CNC the brackets?

Next up will be to grab my carbon fiber and give it some bars

3 Likes

I thought I did too, but my wallet is not that deep

I saw that too :rofl:

I do like those black hot glue sticks. I wasn’t on board with hot glue until I tried those. Sticks really well and usually removes pretty clean still. I use it on the threaded nut for switches and charge ports and hasn’t failed me yet. It’s a pretty good tool for testing different setup too since you can remove it.

4 Likes

Yeah idk what’s different about them. Must be something in the glue compound, they just stick really well

Your Photoshop prowess didn’t fool me

2 Likes

Yknow seeing enclosures like this really brings into question how much these radios interfere with each other.

Andrew have you guys ever run into issues with cross signal interference?

3 Likes

It was invented for automotive repair like dent removals for non porous surfaces

1 Like

Any device operating on the same spectrum will create noise, which impacts link budget.

We’re aware of this and have designed the FreeSK8 system to keep noise to a minimum; Robogotchi logs offline without a BLE tether + our OSRR only brings it’s wifi online for pairing and then disables it during runtime, so only the primary Xbee3 radios are active.

3 Likes

Interesting, that’s neat

2 Likes

The GPS and cellular radio in Metr LTE shouldn’t have tangible impact, it’s really 2.4ghz that’s problematic.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is @xsynatic about to die cus he has neither of those

2 Likes

Read my next comment :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Goodbye everyone

2 Likes

Why not just put some kapton tape over it and then hot glue? You prefer the to live life the risky way? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes