🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

i wouldve imagined the same thing but apparently the reciever just continues the same task if it goes out of connection range.

2 Likes

:flushed: that is a less than ideal failsafe.

8 Likes

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

indeed but im never gonna go out connection range for that to happen again, learned my lesson harshly.

3 Likes

Connection drops happen for different reasons as well… not just range.

9 Likes

This is not a risk i would take as it doesn’t even need to be out of range, maybe just a disconnect and swoosh, it’s gone again.

4 Likes

this one was defo range. i never had a connection drop since owning my wand its been dead good to me.

2 Likes

First time i used a wand it put me on my fuckin ass. Never again.

10 Likes

ur beer had too much water in it

13 Likes

Well if you have to change remote everytime you fell you’ll already be out of options XD

9 Likes

Heyyyyyy. That’s a fuckin good one :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, surprisingly big/important part of building an Esk8 is checking your remote fail-safes.

If anything happens, whether it be out of range or signal interference from cruising through a parking garage or a nearby cell tower, if it does anything except … nothing, and the board begins to decelerate, then you have a problem.

It should be said though, IMO, the board still going instead of instant 100% brakes into guaranteed street face is preferable for the first time you find out you don’t have your fail-safes set properly

5 Likes

Fuck. I did this showing off on a tennis court, but luckily the deck was a no dick piece of shit. Sorry your tasty stuff paid the price.

6 Likes

sho stopper was such a good board, put her through alot but that hit was just the final blow. Poor girl i barely got to ride that deck. She got discontinued as well so no replacing it either sad.

1 Like

sickboard probably still have one:

1 Like

dam seeing that makes me wanna cry XD thnx for the link tho

2 Likes

All remotes need to fail safe to 0% throttle. Anything else is wrong and dangerous. Was this an all-wheel-drive board? Or did you go backwards full speed into something

6 Likes

Btw, what’s your timeout set to inside the vesctool?

5 Likes

backwards at full speed and its 4wd

idk something i need to check