šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Think anyone here will pick one up?

Iā€™m guessing not

Is it even good value? So hard to tell

2 Likes

probably not people from here, same price can u better diy board in pretty much all aspect.

i was just surprised to see the tb110 black wheel being available to this prebuilt, but its sold out on its own

2 Likes

Yeah I guess youā€™re paying for the assembly and look

1 Like

Dex has been working on this for awhile. Our @ahrav had a prototype

Yep torqueboards has been at it for a bit

To be fair, @Taraskasyanyuk basically built one lol

2 Likes

lol yeah Dex sent me that board but not assembled :rofl:. I used loctite though. :shushing_face:

7 Likes

But what is that on his rear wheels I need to know my curiosity is killing me

1 Like

my running theory is some kind of weird carbon fiber shield? he seems to love wrapping everything in the stuff, its even on his glasses, but i honestly have no idea. i also dont know what the hell silicon pillows coated in black PU are, or where they are in any of those pictures XD
i just like how he literally just makes whatever tf he wants.

4 Likes

The top mounted baseplate used to hold the headlight/flashlight is pretty creative lol, never seen that one before.

1 Like

i was most impressed by the homemade wings.

1 Like

I donā€™t either, but I suspect itā€™s under the foot holder things, on top of the deck.

Seems to me a cushion there would reduce your steering control though

2 Likes

i almost tagged you in that post because he changed out his wheelie wheels for some kinda stroller wheels. maybe he runs bushings that are too loose and needed some steering dampening, iunno. the black PU threw me off, as everywhere id put my feet on that thing is silver.

edit: the black outline around the foot pads in one pic makes me think youre right.

1 Like

I can only guess start with some silicon pillows and cover with black PU :joy:

2 Likes

Just noticed you have a waterborne sticker as well! You still riding yours around?

1 Like

I never really liked them. Couldnā€™t find a setup that they worked for me with.

Did you use the back one as well?

Yeah i got the back one. There was just something about the way that the front one turns, more like a pendulum or something rather than a normal truck pivot, just felt weird to me. Much prefer dedicated surf trucks like the carver cx

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s taking a lot of getting used to for me as well. Feels like matrix 2 trucks with no bushings :joy: Iā€™m only using the front for now. Itā€™s perfect for my boy though. Heā€™s so light that he canā€™t turn half my other boards

1 Like

i have a surf adapter, i HATE it. lmao. i ended up bolting it through sandwiched on the nose of my old deck and using it as a wheelbase extender for a while.

1 Like

What deck did you try it on? Itā€™s definitely a weird feeling. I stepped on the deck and it just collapsed under me. Being able to make a full circle in a single lane is nice though.