🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Imo if your gonna use riv nuts it’s straight up better idea to jam and epoxy a nut instead

3 Likes

You leave that tiller battery in your car?

13 Likes

I think the rivnuts are fine. But i’ve installed gaskets to both enclosures and they no longer line up well.

Plus, they were all proud of the deck surface and i need to skin these decks.

Plus, they’re open all the way through, so skinning over them becomes troublesome.

Filled all the holes with epoxy, now i can relocate them and use barrel nuts instead

3 Likes

That damn near 45$ in barrel nuts here in the states

3 Likes

Yeah i dont think about that :rofl:

3 Likes

Barrel nuts like those?

But not those

3 Likes

Yeah the top ones.

You can get countersunk ones tho

3 Likes

Interesting, do you use loctite to attach the enclosure?

1 Like

Like these

4 Likes

sex bolts

5 Likes

No, never. I find that if you use a decent compressible gasket, like polyurethane, or use rubber washers, loctite is unnecessary.

I’ve put over 500km on my demonseed on hummies, so super vibrations, not a drop of loctite on the whole board :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I was having issues with loose enclosure bolts until I put some rubber washers under the fender washers. No issues since.

2 Likes

Only two of them.

5 Likes

Will do that too, thanks

3 Likes

both enclosures are 3d printed right ? are the tops/bottoms also 3d printed ?

Throw the whole pack out.

4 Likes

Yep middle and top are 3D printed and bottom is 5mm think aluminium. There is no way you could have the bottom section 3D printed, you need to be able to bolt it right down to secure it to the deck. Check out my build thread, I have all the design files available for download too!

1 Like

if only you knew :smirk: I already downloaded it hehe

1 Like

Because of a difference of 0,05V?

3 Likes

What happened here? :exploding_head::fire:

14 Likes