šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Is that the standard or reverse mount? :stuck_out_tongue: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

got the standard, also adjustable baseplate, so i can get it closest towards the tail

1 Like

Dude, your repertoire knows no bounds, does it? Top job, fella. Nice one!

2 Likes

Just trying all the things. Its expensive science, but its fun :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

hoyt does some stunning parts. I love the look of their boards and everything around it.

3 Likes

exactly, they are just
beautiful

1 Like

And they even got your logo, nice touch!

4 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: love it so much
Thank you for show me this

2 Likes

Yeah, those are big boy parts. Jelly.

1 Like

Do you like using those on a deck? I thought the non threaded section was supposed to compress when tightened making it suitable for thin material like sheet metal.

2 Likes

Yikes. Manage to stay on the board?

5 Likes

Yeah. It was no big deal.

It was a gentle and kind slow failureā€¦

I was going slow around a corner and it just got bogged down as the belt crept onto the wheelā€¦

6 Likes

It probably works great on carbon fiber with a dap of epoxy, carbon is so hard that it probably would take a lot of force to get those out

Thats my guessing anyway

3 Likes

I am still not convinced.
A bit of epoxy would make it stronger i agree, but i would still be afraid it would slide off with vibration. I removed some of those on a wooden deck and it didnt take much, plus they came out almost undamaged.

2 Likes

Well it depends on if the screws go through the deck or not

Also, Iā€™m pretty sure the rivet part is supposed to compress when the tool comes out, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah the part that is splined is supposed to widen out when you install them

2 Likes

No i donā€™t like them. Hence why i pulled them all out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

installedBottom Yeah found a pic, thats what it does

Now, i wonder why people use them with thick material, being composite or wood. Regular threaded inserts would be better in my opinion, specially if used correctly.

8 Likes

itā€™s just safer, thereā€™s pretty much no way for it to say fuck it and become loose or come off, the tighter you screw the screw the tighter it grips to the metal

those shouldnā€™t be used as threaded inserts tho

3 Likes

The reasoning is

good threaded inserts $$$

good rivet nuts $

Custom threaded inserts $?$ and time

I think if you roughed up the outside of the rivnuts with lots of cuts and used good epoxy you could get away with them fine.

4 Likes