šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Skateboards. Not Kindergarten.

Change that to 85%

1 Like

Is this the evening project based on OSRR original parts?
Nice screen though :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

@Toughook Thank you!

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen them called fender washers as well. Good luck on your search!

2 Likes

This entire exchange was incredibly confusing with messages in the wrong order

1 Like

Yes this is because of Brexit, but it seems to me that the issue is the EU. We have a parcel stuck in a warehouse in Germany for over 6 weeks now - all customs paperwork was filled in correctly but for some reason it is the German government who wont let the parcel in, no issues on the export side at all, seems to be importing to EU thats the issue and I dont understand why its any different than for example if an item was sent to the EU from the US, or Australia etc. Its madness. Also we just had 3 parcels sent back to the UK from the EU, again all customs paperwork was completed and 3 copies of the commercial invoice attached all as they should be. Why were they sent back? nobody knows. If I didnā€™t know any better I could only assume that the EU is trying to be obstructive for parcels from the UK.

This is what your government charges for importing parcels, because of Brexit you didnā€™t pay UK VAT which would have been due in the old system, in your case UK vat on those goods would have been an additional Ā£38.44 (or in Euros, 44.49) so yeah you are out 13.51 Euros because of a hefty import charge your country charges

7 Likes

Tax to uk would add up to just under Ā£40, in total you pay Ā£20 more (+~Ā£5 for international shipping)

1 Like

I have exactly the same experience, packages stuck ad eternum in the german customs clearing facility.
Tbh, to reach a mutual beneficial trade agreement is just political will, Brexit or not.

3 Likes

Weird, my trampa package showed up in less than a week, earlier this month. Could just be bad luck

1 Like

It must be political gaming to score points.

We have just switched our delivery partner away from UPS who are, tbh, useless. They have not been able to help us at all.

3 Likes

Well this Brexit shitshow hasnā€™t been beneficial for anyone except some UK billionaires. Letā€™s hope that in the future there are some trade agreements on the table, I mean I get parcels from China in 1/3 of the time it takes them from just over the channel. Fuck politics, really. I just wanna drive.

1 Like

I agree bro, there needs to be some agreements made between the UK and EU to smooth this over but I feel like the political will isnā€™t there.

Can you give me any logical reason why parcels from China can arrive at your door quicker than ones from the UK? There isnā€™t any explanation in my mind, as far as I know we now have the same status as China - should be exactly the same

2 Likes

The only season i can think of is customs. Especially the the rules regarding import into EU, especially Germany. These are basically defaulted. China and the likes, and thus the delivery companies, have special trade deals with the EU, regarding bulk cargo and stuff. The UK had those too, but yeah, not anymore. I donā€™t think there is any evil intention behind this, but when customs donā€™t have guidelines it can take ages.

Though customs generally is shit, thatā€™s why open borders are awesome.

Edit: I mean just look at this shit.

Oh and also: China has a lot of warehouse companies in Germany, who are basically just there to relabel packets and accelerate the whole process. Such as Delivery WH:4PX Express GmbH for example. They put all parcels in one big box, get bulk customs deals, and thatā€™s it.

2 Likes

Not on topic, but i like very much your profile picture

3 Likes

Thanks. :D.

love the overall look of the board!

7 Likes

Thanks man!

6 Likes

Me too @Taraskasyanyuk :grin:

5 Likes