🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

So cool! Also can probably turn it on with your foot if you’re lazy :smiley:

9 Likes

I’ve always wanted an esk8 that I can kick-start like a dirt bike :joy:

8 Likes

Thought about doing this, but worried that the key could just “rest” in the socket accidentally and close the circuit (only just). Valid concern?

1 Like

Sure, it’s a valid concern. I have considered it.

It won’t happen while the board is resting.

It may happen when you’re moving the board. If you’re moving it by hand, that’s not really a concern since you’re holding it and you’re in control.

If you’re moving it in your boot, for example, that’s a little concern. Still, even if it gets accidentally turned on, no major disaster will happen as long as your remote is off.

I personally almost never carry my board in my car. If I were to do it, I would probably print a simple part that locks the switch in the open position, which is simple and solves the problem.

1 Like

Seems like a little spring-loaded mechanical unlock button could do wonders for that

3 Likes

@BenjaminF @brown5tick @SabreDynamics

An Aussie bloke is doing some work in this space now… This just came up in my feed.

2 Likes

Ooh! I like that battery enclosure! Simple but elegant. Like the timeless monolith. Sleek. Nobbly bits. :thinking:

“Base and sides are a one piece black cast aluminium”
Sounds quality. I wonder how much it weighs.

…but so sad that, at 250 x 250, it’s not going to be the salvation that @BenjaminF needs for his 12s11p 21700. :wink:

Is this self-proclaimed Nomad on the forum?

@Nomad maybe?

Lol. Not mine.

1 Like

This is just an electronics box that’s had the cast lid replaced with carbon and some PC thumbscrews.

bet it weighs a fair amount

3 Likes

Buddy designed me a box his been just making them to fit the assortment of lipos we use.

There’s a inside lip so hard for water to get from there. My xt90 are the only issue for water

5 Likes

@Brently
So dude. What is this thing like to ride?

3 Likes

Oh snap!!!

2 Likes

What happens if you plug the loopkey into the bottom hole by mistake?

1 Like

Like if I reverse them? Pooof maybe. There’s a fuse in there the loop key is on the negative side of the parallel cable I think :thinking:

1 Like

Not sure how far you are into the design, but I don’t know if that’s a great setup. @Andy87 had the same setup and accidentally plugged the loopkey into the battery connector…

I’ve accidentally put a house key in the charge port before.

We’re humans, and we fuck shit up by accident sometimes.

2 Likes

I wasn’t getting after it because I haven’t been on a board in a bit since I’m a fair weather rider now that I wfh (it was finally 60+ F in Jersey today) plus I hadn’t riden the set up yet. However, it feels like it will be really stable and carve pretty good. split angle RKP’s are magic.

board needs a more powerful battery now for sure the 12s3p I have in there right now isn’t enough for what the rig is capable of. I’m putting 155’s on it instead of the 165’s they fill the hub better and should give me less wobble issues. I think the 165’s were a little lobbed/wobbly because they don’t fill the hub lip to lip like a tire should. So hoping the 155’s address this.

3 Likes

Mate, your enclosure recognition skills are seriously impressive. Matthew Kelly wants to talk to you about the next season of You Bet.

3 Likes

That is brilliant. makes me want to buy a new 3d printer.

1 Like

9cdf7f08b2a019b36f8bc86a857aa8e6

6 Likes