🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Ahhhh just read that again, read it wrong the first time.

Love the look though! Might get myself a Kaly deck now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

on a random site and look what i see

as someone who works in digital advertising I can tell you thats know as “retargeting” aka you clicked on the ad or visited the site at somepoint in the recent past and your cookie is being followed. JP isn’t just throwing unity ads on rando sites.

HOWEVER, if you wana fuck with him keep going to his site and getting those ads so he’s spending ad money on a user never going to buy his product.

8 Likes

ooh sounds fun

realise it as targeted advertising but usually they dont make it completely random

1 Like

its likely a cheaper ad inventory site, so he likely doesn’t have his bids for ads set above a specific threshold

nytimes.com is hella more expensive than singletrackworld.com for example

1 Like

ah i get you

ah still found it funny

1 Like

no same! I kinda want to wage war on blood unities with this suck the ad money dry strat now…

1 Like

does the cost skyrocket if the same ip address keeps doing that? writing a small macro to run in the background would be easy af

1 Like

Think of it as a bidding / user prioritization algo - if a users carts a product or interacts with an ad or does some kind of engagement their priority for an impression (ad served) goes up. However, there is whats known a “max bid” applied at the buying level. So while the algo will try and get the most engaged user at the cheapest price there is or at least should be a maximum amount they’ll spend per impression. What you could do is create a bunch of bots that register as different cookies and then have those cookies go to a bunch of low inventory cost sites thus making a bunch of fake users the algo just spent money on.

However, with all these programmatic ad campaigns there is usually (or at least should be) a max spend amount and max frequency per day/hour amount. So there is a cap applied to the spend. You could in theory eat the money on fake users but the amount of money spent in total is already dictated.

So as long as you can get those iP’s to read as diff cookies (I think you can?) and then make those cookies show up on low cost sites you can do some damage.

edit - if he’s got half a brain or decent campaign manager he should be using some kind of user verification technology that sniffs out what I just described but if he’s not (not a lot of small biz owners know about that kinda thing) he’s wide open to it

edit 2 - another way to think about it is site traffic value, if you flood the site with cookies that have no intention of buying the product the aglo will get confused on who to spend money on. It uses previous purchase data to define a the likelihood of a user to convert too. If you show it a bunch of traffic that doesn’t convert its algo weakens/gets confused/places the cost of a conversion above of the price of traffic.

3 Likes

thanks for the indepth explaination, but i don’t think i have enough brain cells to pull that off :joy:

nonetheless, i learnt something today

2 Likes

all good I think you need a lot of devices to get it done, in the industry we call them “click farms”

5 Likes

holy shit, i swear i’ve seen those photos before. something relate to a crime that happend in Thailand with a few chinese dude :eyes:

1 Like

yessir its illegal and pretty much all of it was in China, India, and South East Asia

what they do is sell “clicks” to unknowing advertisers/advertising networks

obvi they are fake and have no value

2 Likes

i knew it, goddamn chinese at it again
im chinese and and i hate myself sometimes

4 Likes

ya’ll some industrious guys man hahaha I like chinese stocks for this reason. However, too much risk atm. made a bunch of money off BABA a year ago

3 Likes

they fluctuate a lot, and at the same time control by the CCP, u got lucky i’d say, most people don’t make a dime with those short term trade

2 Likes

I def did get lucky but its fun to trade big chinese stocks based on US headlines. Woahhhhh trump says fuck the chinese (big drop) woahhh (slowly climbs for the next month) brent pulls money out. woaaaahhhh trump said fuck the chinese again. and so on

I only did this a few times but it worked out well - then I got murdered on other shit last year -_- fucking STONKS lol

2 Likes

the biggest hit was when trump ask apple to move one of their production line back to the US, so they can officially be called “Made in USA” :eyes: that drop caused a mini panic in a few stocks

2 Likes

that was gold yeah hahaah I wanted to trade into the “missing Jack Ma” fiasco but had stuff tied up

2 Likes

meh, he can’t be missing, its just his way of saying everything because of covid, imma go have some fun in private. :man_shrugging:t2:
i’ve met him once, bout 15 years ago, he was pretty cool as a person

3 Likes