šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

There is huge development work going onā€¦ A big release is on the horizon.

4 Likes

What was the bug? The wobble at max duty cycle? Sorry if this has been asked a million times already

Why not allow the bug fixes into the current release then?

2 Likes

Ikr, unless these big changes are refactoring the code containing that bug, I see no reason to delay such an important fix. Instead we will get some bugs fixed, some new features, and some new bugs. Never a stable release :disappointed:

2 Likes

Sounds exciting.
But like others. I am confused that there is a dangerous bug in the most up to date release that is not signalled on startup. To alleviate the potentially dangerous issue, people will have to be aware from trawling through forum posts and manually altering a default setting?

4 Likes

For a default setting to be causing all these issues, youā€™d think a quick patch to change the duty cycle current limit start default to 85% would be prioritized.

@trampa Any idea if the motor temp reading issue will be resolved in this update?

@Arzamenable i expect atleast 8 6380 motors on there

1 Like

It turned out so good :call_me_hand: my sister went to Boise St nice build :star_struck:

Thanks! Iā€™m pretty happy with it overall- @Skyart made me that 12s8p battery with p2a4 cellsā€¦ Suuuuch a fat board, but hopefully it equates to some good range.

Thatā€™s cool about your sis- Go Boise State!

2 Likes

Yes, and all they need to do is accept the patch as itā€™s already written for them. Isnā€™t that the benefit of open source?

2 Likes

Sure should be. I feel like there is a lot of ā€œwaiting for the next big iterationā€ updating going on for publicity rather than releasing a minor update for safety.

3 Likes

Before fixing bugs in the current version. Itā€™s like a growing pile of bugs with ā€œKeep Outā€ signs for the exterminators.

1 Like

I dont understand why we donā€™t just fork our own version.

If you want a fixed Linux version you can always PM me.

1 Like

https://vesc-project.com/node/1640

Itā€™s talked about some here:

But it seems to have fallen off in communications quite a bit.

I meant a forum.eks8.news version, or freesk8 for all I care.
This amount of time between updates whilst shit is broken is ridiculous.

2 Likes

@atc :star_struck: @Taraskasyanyuk how do they feel in your Hand? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Theyā€™re soā€¦ beautiful :heart_eyes:

Honestly though, best mounts Iā€™ve held.

2 Likes

The black and red :star_struck: so pretty @ATC :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

@glyphiks nice bike. Have anymore detail on it. Curious how would you say this compares to a sur ron?

1 Like