🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

How does this work? That isn’t the esk8 remote is it?

It looks like a garage door key fob lmao

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan @ShutterShock I believe it’s a simple screw in circuit with four relay outputs and a fob remote to control them. I have one somewhere in my stuff

3 Likes

Nice haha I’ve got mine on my Maytech v2 now but that’s good for other remotes

1 Like

Nope, it’s a separate remote, but I will try to integrate it into the esk8 remote at some point, this is the one I bought
ISK 436 60%OFF | GERMA Universal Wireless Remote Control Switch DC 12V 4CH relay Receiver Module With 4 channel RF Remote 433 Mhz Transmitter

3 Likes

That reminds me that I might need one soon…changing to a Bruce remote on my monster. So gonna need light control. I think I’ll try to make a small portable case with the head light screwed to the top and a similar circuit inside with a car booster powerbank

LOL. opened the link to see “buy again?” pop up :rofl:
Guess that’s exactly the one I have

That’s really really cool, thanks!

Wait, do you actually power on from the remote ?

1 Like

Yeah it has a built in switch relay.

Please share your wiring @ShutterShock

3 Likes

I also power on from my remote, but I use an external relay.

Edit: nvm, should read words on pictures more often

1 Like

Yep it does, and after I blew up my first receiver, now I know how to NOT wire it.

@Venom121212 I’ll write a post in my build thread about it tonight hopefully, I have it working properly now but I was waiting because my first headlight bracket failed. I’m using the relay on the receiver though like Plurf was asking

Triple press to turn on, triple press to turn off. Interestingly there is also a transistor switch but that isn’t strong enough for my use

2 Likes

Is it also a matter of using a series of clicks of a button?

Yes it is, four clicks will turn it on and off if I recall correctly. There’s only one button on this remote as it’s meant to be waterproof

Hmmm I don’t like the idea of triggering something wile ridding, where is the button positioned ?

What does it normally control?
Having to click multiple times is a bit annoying. I click my 2nd channel once and it’s on, once again and it’s off. Simple :joy:

That’s pretty much impossible, you have to press it pretty hard.

@Flasher there is only one button on the remote, so it controls all functions

That’s my question :rofl: example: 1 click=? 2 clicks=?

1 click changes telemetry data shown
2 clicks changes speed mode

2 Likes

Correct, and then three clicks turns on and off the relay, four clicks turns on and off the transistor switch.

I may be thinking wrong for the switch because there is a long press as well. Can’t remember what that does. Would need to check on the remote itself

2 Likes