🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

How’s that even possible?

3 Likes

what’s the enclosure bro?

1 Like

Yeaaa… how. We are losing our shit over here hahah :man_shrugging::man_shrugging: Took off a good bit of the hub lol and drive.

2 Likes

Yeah. But did the bolts just break loose and fell out?

4 Likes

Yeppp all of them came undone and then just straight rubbed all the rest of the material off hahah :joy:

But it’s okay. @Arzamenable fixing everything as usual

9 Likes

Damn! That suxs. At least you didn’t eat it lol

4 Likes

Dude! He was still hitting 40 plus in the dark…

@ahrav so what happened to the keyway and gears?

6 Likes

We’re those loctited? Everything loctited on my board came undone today… I think the heat + moving makes just enough airflow to keep it solid but if you stop after riding it hard it’ll blow up

7 Likes

There are no keyways There are 5 bolts that put the power down to the wheel. Those break loose and fall Therefore some PM is always a good idea. It only takes a second to randomly check your bolts. Specially if you’re planning on doing 40plus

7 Likes

Lol faaaaakkk. We heard this crazy ass noise. I thoughtnit was like the nano drive and he maybe had a loose gear on the motor shaft. We were only about 3 miles in on the 14 mile ride when we heard the issue

5 Likes

The bolts on the hub just came undone and it was just grinding away at the hub and the gear lol :joy::joy:

Gear shaft stayed in place so that’s good

4 Likes

So you’re saying that noise wasn’t normal? Lol

2 Likes

:joy::joy: I mean… hyperdrive :eyes:

3 Likes

Hahaha yeee we was riding blind. I was just racing cars on 3 motors :penguin::doughnut:

Kinda confused still how it even happened tbh… do some dissection when I get home.

2 Likes

Pretty sure top one is the old one.
Also have new one on way from sk8kings, so will confirm in a month when it has traversed the globe to me.

3 Likes

Slightly taller variation of this 3d print @dani
Designed.

https://dosimplecarbon.com/making-super-nice-3d-printed-esk8-enclosure/

3 Likes

@frame, @rafaelinmissouri

There’s also this version that’s taller and reinforced

4 Likes

To me it looks like you didn’t put them in at all. :no_mouth: Gotta wait for 3ds response. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought about it… but I would’ve noticed it. Because as soon as your brake the motor spins backwards and you can feel the vibration throughout the board…

And that didn’t happen until maybe 10 or so miles into the ride. :sleepy:

Worst comes to worst I buy a replacement hub and back to the streets we go :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Weird. These bolts don’t need to be that tight either. I usually just finger tighten them + 90 degrees. :thinking:

3 Likes