🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Was about to ask the same thing, hooooly!

2 Likes

Just running a few lipo’s at the moment, but made the space big enough for some serious range. When I get around to making one I want a min of 30 miles hence the case size.

5 Likes

I bet you can fit 80 miles worth in there

6 Likes

Lets hope so lol

Very nice :call_me_hand: What brand are the internals ?

3 Likes

The remote internals are made by our local electronics guru, responsible for the local VESCs, and firmware is written by a guy who crunches code for breakfast. The casing is made by 3DServisas (me). It’s a joint project. Internals include a IoD 09 display MCU, XBee 3, 3500mAh Li-Ion battery, a fast charge PCB and hall effect throttle. There is a trigger version coming soon too. :grinning:

17 Likes

Dude… That enclosure looks awesome

5 Likes

They don’t trust me

Especially bc I have a car and a eboard so I can go anywhere

3 Likes

Guess you just gotta wait then lol

3 Likes

I approf

3 Likes

So much spite? What happened?

2 Likes

lol that’s what I need to do to my old deck that just made my fall yesterday, but I was guessing he was installing one of these:

not sure about the front in that case. clearance for FWD motors maybe.

Cutting it up to make an LDP platform deck.

It’s flexy noodly so will need strengthening and I’ll CF or glass it before I use it. Gonna round off the front and leave the back spar and give it some shape.

Figure LDP might be good rehab for my achilles

Plan is G bomb DDS, with Bennet Vector front and inverted SDF with Randall rear truck. Seismic speed vents

5 Likes

Oh I thought you were cutting a perfectly good deck because you didn’t like it or something

3 Likes

It was perfectly good.
Making it better (for me)

4 Likes

Watch out for the dreaded kingpin bite on the Bennett. It makes for a nice surfy front truck but the kingpin sits really low to the road - running it inverted should help a bit. I’ve had good results running an IndeeSZ with a Surf-KeeyZ.
Also worth upgrading your kingpins to AN6 aircraft grade bolts. Front kingpins take far more abuse in LDP.

3 Likes

Ordered w upgrade already done
Might do spherical in hanger

2 Likes

PERFECT fit

4 Likes

Dude.

DUDE.

15 Likes

Nah, could have easily gone 63102 on there :crazy_face:

7 Likes